Passau – Engelhartszell
Individual arrival to Passau. Embarkation around 4.30 p.m. In the evening cruise to Engelhartszell. Enjoy your evening on board.
You start your stage in Engelhartszell (only Trappist monastery in Austria) through the romantic river landscape of the Danube loop, which is one of the most beautiful sections along the river. In charming Brandstatt you go on board again. In the night cruise to Bratislava with arrival in the next midday. (approx. 45 km)
The tour leads from Bratislava via Hainburg to castle Hof with its gorgeous Terrace garden and via Devin back to Bratislava. Bratislava, the Slovakian capital city, can be experienced during a vespertine city tour (optional) through hidden alleys and squares. In the night cruise to Budapest. (approx. 55 km)
Enjoy a fantastic view onto the beautiful landscape on the Danube bend in the morning. Awesome is the entrée to Budapest: many famous places of interest are located directly next to the river. During a city tour by bike (optional) you get to know the city with its bewitching atmosphere best. Visit the market hall with its multiplicity of pleasure or you can undertake a journey into the city Szentendre with its affectionately restored old town, numerous churches and galleries. You should not miss the romantic, vespertine “light tour” (bus, optional)! (ca. 40 km)
In the morning cruise through the picturesque, slightly hilly landscape of the Danube bend – also known as Hungarian Wachau – to Visegrad. Here you have two options: the longer route includes a detour to Szentendre Island and the baroque city Vác. At the end of the Danube bend Esztergom is awaiting you with its precious basilica. Shipping to Vienna during the night. (approx. 25 - 60 km)
Vienna – Nussdorf
Discover Vienna during a city tour by bike or bus (optional) and experience the most famous buildings very close: Hofburg, Stephansdome, boulevard Ringstraße with opera, theatre and town hall, the colourful Hundertwasser house and the Ferris wheel at Wiener Prater. Enjoy the evening at a concert or operetta in the Hofburg (optional) or at a wine tavern. During the night per ship to Wachau.
Wachau/Rossatz – Melk
Soft hills, coined through small, dreamy villages, apricot trees, wine terraces, fortresses and monasteries are bewitching everybody. The blue tower of the collegiate church of Dürnstein is the regions emblem. In Weißenkirchen you have the possibility for a wine tasting. Melk with its famous and impressive abbey is waiting at the end of today’s stage. After your farewell dinner a folklore show is awaiting you on board. (approx. 40 – 50 km)
You arrive Passau relaxed and rested around 10.00 am. Disembarkation around 11.30. Individual trip home.
- Program as mentioned in the tour course from/to Passau
- 7 overnights in cabins with shower/toilet/air-condition in the booked cabin category
- Full board: breakfast, small lunch or lunch package for your bike tours, coffee and cake in the afternoon, 3-course dinner
- Welcome of the captain and cocktail
- Daily live music
- Farewell dinner with cocktail
- Daily cleaning of cabins
- change of towels and bed linen if required
- Daily bike tour briefings
- 1x route book for self-guided tours per cabin
- Bord tour guidance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Main station Passau: about 5 km from the pier
- Parking space (fenced area) incl. transfer parking space – boat – parking space € 66,- per week
- Park garage incl. transfer park garage – boat – park garage € 77,- per week
(Application form in your travel documents, payable on spot)
Number of participants
- Minimum of 50 people
- Time table and program are subject to changes. At extreme flooding or low water the boat owning company is allowed to transport you by bus or to cancel the whole tour. There is no demand against that (water level is subject to force majeure clause). This is also validating for unforeseeable incidents like the reparation of a water gate/bridge or in case of an engine breakdown of the boat.
- Please keep in mind that your boat is your hotel on the one hand and motor-driven equipment on the other hand. It has to move on at night as well. If you are sensitive to noise please bring earplugs with you.
- The bike tours are self guided. All mentioned distances are ca-distances of recommend bike tours. Please note that the space in the cabins is limited.
- Please bring rain clothing (jacket and trouser), a bike helmet, a sun hat and sunscreen as well as sports shoes.
This tour has 4 more variants
Enjoy a great bike tour where you get to sleep on board a boat each evening. The MS Normandie is a very middle-class barge with a friendly and comfortable atmosphere.