Individual arrival at Brussels. Your ship awaits you in the Brussels habor. Embarkation and check-in where the crew will welcome you on board is from 3 to 5 p.m. Take some time to wander around the old town that is worth seeing, having a look at the Gothic town hall, the beautiful guild houses, the big market and the “Männeken Pis”.
While you are having your breakfast, MS Mecklenburg is shipping to Vilvoorde. From Vilvoorde you start your first cycle tour that leads you to Mechelen – here you will find the remarkable density of more than 300 listed buildings (classified as historical monuments), among them eight churches, all built within an area of only three square kilometres. While your ship is going through the Willebroek-canal, you are cycling through green, soft and hilly landscapes, passing sleepy villages and magnificent country estates until you finally reach Willebroek.
From Willebroek you are cycling over Lier to Antwerp, the world’s centre of diamond-processing and your today’s destination. Antwerp offers a number of interesting sights such as the richly decorated town hall in renaissance style, the historic Grote Markt, the huge Liebfrauen Cathedral and the medieval Steen Castle.
From Willebroek you are cycling over Lier to Antwerp, the world’s centre of diamond-processing and your today’s destination. Antwerp offers a number of interesting sights such as the richly decorated town hall in renaissance style, the historic Grote Markt, the huge Liebfrauen Cathedral and the medieval Steen Castle.Today, your tour leads you up the river Schelde to Hemiksen, and after having cycled a bit upward you are comfortably going to Rupelmonde. At this point, where the river Rupel flows into the river Schelde, you follow the river until you will reach the historic area of brick burning, where bricks have been produced since the Middle Ages until today. You will then cross the Brussels-Rupel-canal and arrive at Sint Amands. Cycling along the River Schelde you will finally reach Dendermonde. There, a must is a coffee break at the wonderful Flemish market-place “Grote Markt”.
You are cycling from Dendermonde to Ghent, where MS Mecklenburg will be moored in the suburb of Merelbeke which is approx. a 30 minute cycle from the city centre. Discover partly cycling and walking the wonderful old town of Ghent. In the Middle Ages Ghent was the second largest city after Paris and has preserved its architectural wealth in the historic city centre until today.
In the morning you are leaving for Lovendegem. The whole cycle route follows the Gent-Oostende-canal through the wide Flemish plain until you arrive at Bruges “The Venice of the North” is widely known in Europe for its art and museums. Bruges’ old town with its number of Grachten (small channels) belongs to the UNESCO world’s cultural heritage. Enjoy the bustle activity around the Grote Markt (the big market place) while having a nice tea or coffee.
Your last cycle tour will take you at the beginning over Damme, Till Eulenspiegel’s place of birth to the seaside. Sandy beaches and a lot of cafés (you have the opportunity to swim in the sea there) will give you the opportunity for a nice rest. After approx. 2 hours you are cycling back to Bruges.
Departure from Bruges
Disembarkation after breakfast till 09:30 a.m.
The quality of the cycle ways along this route is excellent. Most of the way is paved or asphalted and does not have any gradients of note. This makes the trip suitable for cyclists with an average physical condition.
| Season 1 |
22.05.2021 | 05.06.2021 | 19.06.2021 | 17.07.2021 | 31.07.2021 | 14.08.2021 | 28.08.2021 |
|Bike & Boat from Brussels to Bruges- MS Mecklenburg - 8 days, BE-FLSBS-08G|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge 2-bed-cabin single use||500.00|
- 7 nights tour and accommodation on board of MS Mecklenburg in the booked category
- Program according to the routing
- Welcome drink
- Full board (7x breakfast, 6x picnic lunch during bike tours, 6x coffee and tea in the afternoon,
- 7x 3 course dinner)
- All charges for harbours, bridges and locks
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Use of linen and towels
- Daily briefing on the respective bike tours
- Tour guide for guided bike tours
- Printed instructions and detailed maps for daily bike tours (deposited on board, 1 per cabin)
- GPS tracks
Services not included
- Journey to Brussels and from Bruges
- parking fee
- bike rental
- entrance fees and excursions
- town maps
- ferry tickets
- drinks on board
Travel and parking information
- Brussels Gare du Nord train station, approx. 5 km from the pier
- Guarded P+R car park at Gare Du Nord station, approx. 15-20,- € per day, approx. 6 km from the jetty. No reservation possible. Journey to the landing stage by taxi approx. 20-50,- €
- Return transfer by train from Bruges to Brussels approx. 18,- € per person.
- Embarkation: from 15:00 to 17:00 - Disembarkation: after breakfast until 09:30. - Rental bikes on board (make/model may vary): 7-speed freewheel Velo de Ville hub gears, luggage carrier bag and 10-speed freewheel electric bikes with derailleur gears, luggage carrier bag (early booking required for e-bikes). Bike models subject to change. Please note: coaster bikes are not possible. Please indicate your height when booking. Bringing your own wheels: Possible on request. Board language: German, English - Bike tours: guided or individual. The guided bike tours are coordinated with the tour guide depending on the group composition and ability. Route books are available on board for individual bike tours (only available on board). They cover between 40 and 55 km a day. All mileage figures mentioned are approximate distances of the recommended bike tours. • Cycling routes/Difficulty: Pleasure cycling – to be created by anyone with average fitness. They mostly ride on paved cycle paths, low-traffic agricultural roads, but also on sandy fields and forest roads, shorter sections also along federal roads. The route is mostly flat, some hills have to be overcome. • Holiday luggage: We recommend good rainwear, bicycle helmet, sun hat and sports shoes. • Timetable and programme changes: Reserved in principle. If for example, If you are unable to travel a route due to low water, flood or bad weather, the skipper reserves the right to change the route for your safety (this is not a free cancellation reason). • Travel documents: EU nationals (for whom no special circumstances exist, e. g. For example, dual citizenship, first residence abroad or provisionally issued travel documents), you need a valid identity card or passport for this trip, which must be issued at least once the trip ends. must be valid for 6 months. If you have a different nationality or nationality, you should be a different person If you have several nationalities or if you have to observe special legal provisions, please check the relevant visa and entry requirements at your consulate. • This trip is not suitable for people with reduced mobility.
This tour has 1 more variation
The MS Mecklenburg is a very comfortable river boat with a personal atmosphere and during this tour your floating hotel!