Arrival in Bordeaux, and, if you like, transfer from the inner city to the ship, the MS BORDEAUX.
We help you with your luggage, and show you your cabin. Afterwards, you can take over your bike and start your first small trip in Castets. This fruitful region is also called ‘Little Holland’, due to its many vegetable fields and fruit gardens.
During your welcome drink, you will get to know the ship team and the other guests. At dinner, you may be able to have first conversations with other travelers. You will sit at big tables, and it is possible to switch places on a daily basis.
Today, the bike route leads through the region Entre-Deux-Mers. You will discover ‘Malagar’, the former residence of the author François Mauriac, or the castle Malromé, the former residence of Toulouse-Lautrec. You can visit the grave of the painter in the pilgrimage site of Verdelais. You can bike from fortress to fortress – the view is breathtaking. Look forward to the town of La Réole, to the village of Sainte-Croix-du-Mont, and the panorama plateau.
Here we have exciting findings of fossilized oysters. In the medieval village of Saint-Macaire, you can admire the many historical buildings.
In the late afternoon, the trip with the ship continues upstream on the Garonne, all the way to Loupiac, on the other side of Cadillac.
- Program as mentioned in the tour course
- 7x full board (breakfast buffet, dinner and lunch package)
- Rental bike with 21 gears
- Detailed route description, maps and information material
- welcome drink
- Daily cabin cleaning
- Bed linen and towels
- All port, bridge and lock dues
- Daily bike tour briefing
- Maps for individual tours (1x per cabin)
- Tourist guide
- Arrival and departure
- parking fees
- city maps
- ferry fees
- drinks and personal expenses
- travel insurance
Arrival / parking / departure
- By train: travel to train station Bordeaux St. Jean, from there via shuttle bus. We will gladly book your tickets for you (rates for international connections per request). From Bordeaux, you may book a bus transfer to Castets-en-Dorthe or Fronsac at the beginning and end of your trip. You are not able to bring your own bikes. You need to reserve them when booking the trip!
- By car: Many guarded parking spaces in Bordeaux available (no reservation possible, payment on location, information in travel documents)
- Via Bus: Connection with remote bus to Bordeaux
- Via airport Bordeaux: train station can be reached within 30 minutes, either with Taxi or within an hour via bus.
Discover the great region from Bordeaux on your bicycle- and shiptour. With the MS Bordeaux you drive on the Dorogne, Garonne and Gironde.