Boat and Bike Rhine and Neckar
Boat and bike Rhine and Neckar
Arrival in Koblenz
Embarkation as from 4 p.m., the crew will welcome you on board. You will spend the evening and first night in Koblenz.
You sail by barge upstream the river Rhine from Koblenz to Boppard. Enjoy the panoramic view of the unforgettable Upper Middle Rhine Valley, a UNESCO Word Heritage site. From there you cycle on the left river bank via castles and burgs alongside the celebrated Rock of Lorelei to the beautiful and famous city of Rüdesheim. Overnight stay in Rüdesheim or in Bingen.
The many picturesque houses and the beautiful landscape along the way from Rüdesheim to Mainz make your bike tour an experience. Mainz has numerous churches, museums and historical monuments, e.g. the Cathedral or the Electors Palace, one of the most magnificent of the residences on the Middle Rhine.
You cycle via Laubenheim to Nierstein, the biggest vine growing community on the river Rhine, where you will enjoy your lunch on board. Nierstein is a popular destination for exploring the vineyards with a tractor wagon.
By ship to Mannheim. From there on you will cycle via the Celtic city of Ladenburg, where you reach the river Neckar for the first time, to Heidelberg. This old city draws tourists from all over the world. Visit the castle and explore the old town on your own.
After bike tour from Heidelberg via Ziegelhausen and through the Odenwald to Neckarsteinach you will reach picturesque Eberbach, a nice old town with narrow streets.
The first stop of today’s bike tour is Burg Hornsberg in Neckarzimmern. Bad Wimpfen, the last destination of this tour, looks like a dream village of the middle Ages.
After breakfast disembarkation until 09:00 am. Individual journey home.
You cycle mainly on solitary roads, country lanes and asphalted cycle paths along the dyke. Flat route without any climbs worth mentioning. A tour suited for the lesser fit cyclist.
- 7 nights in outside cabin on MS PATRIA with private facilities and air condition
- Programme according itinerary
- Port fees included
- Captains greeting and Welcome drinks
- Daily cabin cleaning, Changing of towels and bed cloths if wanted
- Full board: 7x breakfast, 6x light lunch on board (non cyclists) or packed lunch for cyclists, 6x afternoon coffee break, 7x dinner
- Daily information meeting
- Information pack with route book (one per cabin)
- Tour guide on board (does not cycle with group)
Services not included
- Arrival and departure
- transfers to/from the docking place in Koblenz/Bad Wimpfen
- bike rental
- ferry fares
- travel insurances
- parking fee
- drinks on board
Transfer back to Koblenz
Travelling by train takes about 3.5 hours, approx. € 45,- per person (your tour guide will assist you with buying the tickets) or transfer by mini bus (minimum 4 persons), approx. € 85,- per person (own bikes will be carried for an extra charge of € 15 per bike). Limited space, reservation for the transfer bus required in advance, to be paid on spot.
• Embarkation: from 4:00 p.m. • Disembarkation: until 9:00 a.m. • Bike Hire on Board: smooth-running 7 speed - unisex- city bikes with hand- and back pedal brakes or with free-wheel hub (please indicate upon booking) and pannier bags. Electric bikes (limited availability – timely booking required) Please inform us about your body height upon booking. • To bring your own bike: on request only – due to lack of space on sundeck. Storage of bikes inside the ship is not possible. • Cycle Tours: unguided. You will cycle between 17 and 46 km per day. The kilometres indicated for the suggested cycle tours are approximate. • Cycle routes/ level of difficulty: The quality of the cycle ways along the route is excellent. Most of the stretches are paved or asphalted, and lead alongside the Rhine dikes without any gradients of note. This makes the trip suitable even for unpractised cyclist. • Optional Excursions: tour legs and the ship‘s time in port permitting, an optional excursion programme will be organised. Excursions can only be booked and paid (in cash) aboard the ship. • Luggage on board: We recommend waterproof rain gear, bike helmet, sun hat and sports shoes. We would like to ask you to do without hard-side luggage, as storage space in the cabin is very limited! • Alterations of schedule or programme: Subject to change. If a route cannot be shipped as a result of low or high water or bad weather, the captain reserves the right to change the route in view of your safety (this will not be accepted as a reason for free withdrawal). • Travel documents: EU-citizens (without special situations like dual citizenship, main residence abroad or a limited-validity passport) are required to have a valid passport or ID-card, not expiring within six (6) months of the return of your cruise. We kindly ask non-EU citizens, EU-nationals with multiple citizenship or anybody who has to respect special legal entry requirements for the country to visit, to inform about visa and entry documents at the competent embassy. • This trip is not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
This tour has 1 more variation
Enjoy the comfort on the swimming hotel - the MS Patria. You cycle along the great rivers Moselle and Saar.