Arrival to Saarburg
Embarkation between 4 and 5 p.m. You will spend the first night and evening in Saarburg. In its centre you will find a waterfall of 20 meters deep as well as many baroque buildings and fisher houses.
Today you will cycle from Saarburg along the idyllic nature reserve of the abandoned meander of the River Saar. Further on to Wasserbillig in Luxemburg and from here to the Igeler Säule. Later you will reach Trier, where MS PATRIA is already waiting for you.
After breakfast you will cycle via Pfalzel to Mehring, the largest winegrowers’ community in the Mosel-Saar-Ruwer region.
Today you will reach Bernkastel-Kues by bike. The market place from the Middle Ages with many wood timbered houses invites you for a rest. On your way you visit Neumagen-Dhron which is the oldest wine city of Germany. Further on you reach Piesport, the oldest wine growing community along the Moselle. You should take the time to enjoy the popular wines.
Today’s bike tour brings you to romantic Traben-Trarbach, where Jugendstil architecture shows its best side. Continuing to Zell, well known wine village on the Moselle. In the evening you will have the chance to visit a local winegrowers place and enjoy a wine tasting with the famous Moselle wines (optional, bookable on board).
The perfect maintained historical centre of Beilstein, “the Sleeping Beauty of the Mosel”, is waiting for you. Today’s tour ends in Cochem with the Reichsburg. Cochem is a lovely little town with historical half-timbered-houses and a picturesque Old town.
Boat tour Cochem – Koblenz, day of rest on board | alternative Cochem – Alken – Koblenzbike tour approx. 50 km
Today you can spend the day on board and relax on the sundeck. Enjoy the beautiful Moselle landscape passing by and stroll along the “Deutsche Eck” in Koblenz in the afternoon, where Moselle and Rhine flow together. Experienced cyclist can cycle from Cochem to Koblenz and visit Burg Eltz.
Departure from Koblenz
Disembarkation after breakfast until 9:00 a.m. Individual journey home.
Very good cycle paths, mostly with asphalted or metalled surface. No climbs worth mentioning. Therefore this tour is perfectly suited for the lesser fit cyclists.
| Season 1 |
16.10.2021 - 23.10.2021
| Season 2 |
17.04.2021 - 24.04.2021
| Season 3 |
02.10.2021 - 09.10.2021
| Season 4 |
01.05.2021 - 08.05.2021
15.05.2021 - 22.05.2021
29.05.2021 - 05.06.2021
26.06.2021 - 03.07.2021
10.07.2021 - 17.07.2021
07.08.2021 - 14.08.2021
21.08.2021 - 28.08.2021
04.09.2021 - 11.09.2021
|Boat and bike Saar and Moselle, Coblence - Saarburg - MS Patria - main deck days 8, DE-MOSSK-08I-H|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge 2-bed-cabin single use||300.00||300.00||350.00||350.00|
|Boat and bike Saar and Moselle, Coblence - Saarburg - MS Patria - upper deck days 8, DE-MOSSK-08I-O|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge 2-bed-cabin single use||300.00||350.00||400.00||400.00|
* Rental bicycle included on 17 April and 16 October 2021
- 7 nights in outside cabin on MS PATRIA with private facilities and air condition
- Programme according itinerary
- Port fees included
- Captains greeting and Welcome drinks
- Daily cabin cleaning, Changing of towels and bed cloths if wanted
- Full board: 7x breakfast, 6x light lunch on board (non cyclists) or packed lunch for cyclists, 6x afternoon coffee break, 7x dinner
- Daily information meeting
- Information pack with route book (one per cabin)
- Tour guide on board (does not cycle with group)
Services not included
- Arrival and departure
- transfers to/from the docking place in Koblenz/Saarburg
- bike rental
- ferry fares
- travel insurances
- parking fee
- drinks on board
Travelling by train takes about 2 hours, approx. € 24,- per person (your tour guide will assist you with buying the tickets) or transfer by mini bus (minimum 4 persons), approx. € 75,- per person (own bikes will be carried for an extra charge of € 15,- per bike). Limited space, reservation for the transfer bus required in advance, to be paid on spot.
• Embarkation: from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. • Disembarkation: until 9:00 a.m. • Bike Hire on Board: smooth-running 7 speed - unisex- city bikes with hand- and back pedal brakes or with free-wheel hub (please indicate upon booking) and pannier bags. Electric bikes (limited availability – timely booking required) Please inform us about your body height upon booking. • To bring your own bike: on request only – due to lack of space on sundeck. Storage of bikes inside the ship is not possible. • Cycle Tours: unguided. You will cycle between 17 and 46 km per day. The kilometres indicated for the suggested cycle tours are approximate. • Cycle routes/ level of difficulty: The quality of the cycle ways along the route is excellent. Most of the stretches are paved or asphalted, and lead alongside the Rhine dikes without any gradients of note. This makes the trip suitable even for unpractised cyclist. • Optional Excursions: tour legs and the ship‘s time in port permitting, an optional excursion programme will be organised. Excursions can only be booked and paid (in cash) aboard the ship. • Luggage on board: We recommend waterproof rain gear, bike helmet, sun hat and sports shoes. We would like to ask you to do without hard-side luggage, as storage space in the cabin is very limited! • Alterations of schedule or programme: Subject to change. If a route cannot be shipped as a result of low or high water or bad weather, the captain reserves the right to change the route in view of your safety (this will not be accepted as a reason for free withdrawal). • Travel documents: EU-citizens (without special situations like dual citizenship, main residence abroad or a limited-validity passport) are required to have a valid passport or ID-card, not expiring within six (6) months of the return of your cruise. We kindly ask non-EU citizens, EU-nationals with multiple citizenship or anybody who has to respect special legal entry requirements for the country to visit, to inform about visa and entry documents at the competent embassy. • This trip is not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
Enjoy the comfort on the swimming hotel - the MS Patria. You cycle along the great rivers Moselle and Saar.