Meeting at 15.30 at Catania airport. Collective transfer to Milazzo harbour. Embarkation at 18.00 at the Marina di Nettuno in Milazzo (Me), accommodation on board, welcome drink, dinner and presentation of the program. Night in the port of Milazzo.
Departure by bike to reach Capo Milazzo (Milazzo Cape). Possibility of bathing in the wonderful “Venus Pool”, a protected natural sea pool at the very end of the cape. Return to Milazzo and possibility of visiting the Castle and its ancient bourg. Return to the Marina of Milazzo, dinner and night in port.
Breakfast and navigation towards the island of Vulcano, the “Sulphur Island”. Today you will discover by bike the hinterland of the island towards Piano Grillo, ideal place to admire an amazing panorama. Free time in the afternoon. We suggest one of the following activities to discover the volcanic activity of the island: you can walk up to the crater of the volcano (400 mt), you can have a mud bath in the sulphur beach of the island, you can swing among underwater fumaroles. Dinner on board and overnight in port in Vulcano.
After breakfast navigation towards Panarea. We will stop for a swim close to the little islands of Lisca Bianca, Bottara and Dattilo, where the volcanic activity is still clearly visible and vapours rise up through the cracks between the rocks. Once arrived in Panarea, the smallest of the Aeolian Islands, lunch break at anchor in a nice bay. Navigation towards Stromboli with a superb view on the Sciara del Fuoco. In the late afternoon, walking trip till 400m. above sea level, to admire the volcanic explosions at dusk. Pic nic dinner in a nice panoramic point. Return on board, overnight in roadstead in Stromboli.
Breakfast on board and navigation towards Panarea. We stop at anchor in the bay of Porto San Pietro. Nice relaxed walk in the morning visit the little village of Panarea, the Drautto beach and the prehistoric village. Picnic lunch at Cala Junco and return on board. Navigation up the Island of Salina with a break for a swim. Disembarkation in Salina and visit to a local shop, with a chance to taste several local products. Return on board, dinner and night in port in Salina.
Departure from the port and great cycling trip on the biggest island of the Aeolian Archipelago. From Santa Marina, on the East coast, you will reach Pollara, a panoramic point on the western coast. Visit of the lake of Lingua and Pollara, with the possibility to taste the very good “granita” of Alfredo. Return on board and navigation until Lipari. Dinner on board and overnight in the port of Lipari.
After breakfast we will start a fantastic coast to coast by bike. Starting from the village of Lipari, we will pass along the beautiful village and beach of Canneto. We will reach the pumice quarries and the nice beach of Acquacalda (a swim is possible). Picnic lunch at the panoramic point of Quattrocchi and return back to the historical centre rich in shops and restaurants. Return to the caique. Navigation up to MIlazzo. Dinner on board and overnight in port.
Disembark at 09 am and end of the services. The captain and the guide reserve the right to make alterations to the itinerary, depending on wind, sea and weather conditions or organizational requirements.
- 7 nights on board (5x harbour, 2x roadstead)
- 7x half-board (breakfast, lunch package, dinner)
- Bed linen and towels
- English-speaking tour guide
Arrival / parking / departure
- Arrival by plane to Catania: by bus on to Milazzo, duration about 1,5 hours, price around € 15,-/person. Taxi from the airport to the harbour will cost around € 230,-/ride
- Arrival by train to Catania: by train to Milazzo, duration about 2-2,5 hours, price around € 12,-/person and by taxi or bus on to the harbour, price around € 25,-/person
- We reserve the right to make alterations to the itinerary, depending on wind- and weather conditions, or organisational requirements. This is no reason for a gratis cancellation.
- Please note that the space in the cabins is limited. We recommend bringing good rain clothing (jacket and trouser), a helmet, a sun hat and sunscreen as well as sport shoes with you.
- The boat stays 6 nights in the harbour and 2 nights in the roadstead. The roadstead is outside of harbours and directly connected to the sea. At bad weather the boat has to stay in the harbour for these two nights too. In this case occurs an additional harbour fee of € 20,- to – € 50,- per person.
- Changed cancellation conditions:
until 60 days before arrival 20 %
59 – 31 days before arrival 30 %
30 – 21 days before arrival 50 %
20 – 11 days before arrival 70 %
10 – 1 days before arrival 90 %
No-Show 100 %
Number of participants
- Minimum of 2 people
You ride on Sicily and the Liparian Islands. The crew welcomes you on board of Sunidal.