Boat and bike Tulip Tour | MS Magnifique IV
Boat and bike Netherlands | Tulip Tour 5 days
- 5 Days / 4 Nights
- Self-guided Tour
- Minimum number of participants: 50
Embarkation and check-in, where the crew will welcome you on board, takes place at 2 p.m.. As soon as all guests have arrived a short cruise will bring you to Zaandam, a spot famous for its windmills. Here, your barge will berth in the center of the city for the night. Upon arrival you can enjoy taking your new bike for a brief test ride through the surrounding area. In the evening, enjoy a short walk through the picturesque center of Zaandam.
After breakfast you will enjoy a 5 km bicycle ride to the open air museum “Zaanse Schans” with beautiful windmills, traditional wooden houses, an old Dutch village, a cheese farm and a traditional wooden clog maker. In the afternoon you have a choice to make: you can either cycle (24 km/14 mi.) to Haarlem or take it easy and join the barge while enjoying the scenery. In Haarlem visit the historical inner city with the Grote Markt and St. Bavo church. Your barge will be berthed not far from the centre of Haarlem for the night, so you will have time to enjoy a short city walk in the afternoon or in the evening.
Today you will cycle to the Keukenhof, arguably the most famous flower park in the world where you can admire hundreds of thousands of tulips, daffodils, hyacinths and many other flowers in full bloom. After an extensive visit you will get back on your bicycle and will head to Oude Wetering, a small village, where your floating hotel will be waiting for you.
This morning you are in for a real treat – an early visit by bus (6.30 a.m.) to the biggest flower auction in the world at Aalsmeer. In the morning millions of flowers are auctioned off here and are instantly sent out to all parts of the world*. By 9 a.m. you will return on the your barge where a late breakfast will be waiting for you. You will join the barge sailing through Amsterdam During the afternoon you either have the opportunity to make a last beautiful cycling tour through the wetlands of Waterland or to discover this amazing city. Visit the inner city flower market, go to a museum, do some shopping… there is just so much to do!
*: The Aalsmeer flower auction is closed during weekends and on public holidays. This is an optional visit. Please be aware that on the departure dates March 31, April 7, 8, 15, 21, 28 and 29 2021, a visit to the flower auction is not possible.
End of your tour: Disembarkation after breakfast until 9.30 a.m.
| Season 1 |
27.03.2022 | 31.03.2022 |
| Season 2 |
04.04.2022 | 08.04.2022 | 12.04.2022 | 16.04.2022 | 20.04.2022 | 24.04.2022 |
|Boat & Bike Tulip Tour Premium - MS Magnifique IV - 5 Days, NL-NHSAV-05G|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge 2-bed-cabin suite||300.00||350.00|
|Ticket Canal Cruise Amsterdam||15.00||15.00|
- 4 nights on board MS Magnifique IV in the booked category
- 4 x breakfast, Packed lunches, 4 x 3-course dinner, Coffee and tea on board, Welcome drink
- Use of bed linen and towels
- Daily cleaning of the cabin
- Climate-controlled cabin
- Daily briefings
- Fully guided cycling tours (2 tour leaders, 2 groups)
- Some short walking tours
- Maps and notes for cycling tours (1 set per cabin)
- GPS tracks
- Use of a helmet
- Use of a waterproof pannier bag
- Water bottl
Service not included
- Arrival and deparute
- Parking fee
- Rental bike
- Entrance fee
- City map
- Tip and drinks on board
- Journey insurance
- Parking own bicycle: € 10 per week (only a limited number of parking places available: pref. reservation by booking)
- Parking + charge station own E-Bike: € 25 per week (only a limited number of parking places available: pref. reservation by booking)
- Please click on this link for more information about the rental and own bicycles/E-bikes
- Canal cruise Amsterdam: Ticket for a 1-hour canal cruise through Amsterdam – special price for our guests: € 14 (at the ticket desk approx.: € 18). Please book your ticket in advance and you can collect it on board of your ship on the first day of the tour.
- Parking in Amsterdam (valet parking): prices and pre-booking on request.
- Accompanied by a competent, professional and multilingual tour leader, you and the group will visit interesting sights and places on the daily cycling tours. During the bike tour, they will explain the local history and culture behind the things you encounter along the way. During days when two bicycle options are possible, the tour leader will make a choice to guide the longer or the shorter option after consultation of the group.
- Not all mentioned highlights will be visited during the short bike option.
- You can also choose to ride individually with the help of a map (available on board). GPS tracks will be sent to you 4 weeks before the start date of the tour.
- In case you prefer a day of rest, you can skip the bike tour and relax on board while cruising to the next town.
- On the arrival day is it possible to bring your luggage on board from 11 a.m
This tour has 2 more variations
Following the overwhelming success of our premium barges Magnifique, Magnifique II (2016), and Magnifique III (2018), we are proud to announce the construction of a new sister for the family: the Magnifique IV. This new addition will sail for Boat Bike Tours and Cultural Cruises Europe as of spring 2020.