Embarkation and check-in between 2 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. in Amsterdam. Take the opportunity to go shopping, to explore downtown Amsterdam, to make a canal cruise or to visit a museum. At 5 p.m. welcome drink and safety instructions. Dinner and first briefing on board. First night on board in Amsterdam.
Amsterdam – Breukelen | Breukelen – Utrecht(25 km/16 mi. or 40 km/25 mi.) | Utrecht – Rotterdam
Your first cycling tour starts in Breukelen. You’ll tour along the beautiful and winding river Vecht with its enchanting background of imposing castles, country houses and quaint tearooms. You will follow the Vecht into the center of Utrecht where you will have the opportunity to explore the beautiful historical city center: the Dom Cathedral with its tower, the canals, special shops and nice cafes. In the afternoon you will continue by ship from Utrecht to Rotterdam.
Today you will cycle via the “jenever city” of Schiedam and through the Delfland area to Delft, famous, of course, for its blue pottery. Visit the beautiful city centre with its small canals, picturesque streets, bridges and alleys. For many of our guests a visit to the Delftware factory is one of the highlights of their tour. Afterwards, you will cycle back to Rotterdam, where you can enjoy a short city walk in the evening.
Rotterdam – Alblasserdam with the “waterbus” | Kinderdijk – (Gouda) – Schoonhoven(30 km/19 mi. or 58 km/36 mi.)
Today you can cycle the first part or the “waterbus” will take you and your bicycle to Alblasserdam. After just a few minutes of cycling you will reach Kinderdijk (UNESCO cultural heritage, with its impressive row of 19 large windmills). You then have the choice between a longer cycling tour with a visit to the beautiful cheese city of Gouda and a short cycling tour through the Alblasserwaard. Both tours end in the “silver city” of Schoonhoven, where you can visit a silversmith.
Today you will cycle from Schoonhoven through the beautiful “Green Heart” of Holland along small villages and quiet roads to Utrecht. On your way you can visit a traditional cheese farm and in Oudewater you can visit the Witches Weigh House. In the late afternoon the ship will sail from Utrecht to Haarlem
Haarlem – North Sea coast – Haarlem | Haarlem – Zaandam (by ship)(40 km/25 mi. or 50 km/31 mi.)
Today you can choose from 2 cycling tours. Both tours takes you through the beautiful Kennemer dunes, a national park where you can spot several bird species, Scottish Highland cows and Shetland ponies. After a visit to the seaside resorts Bloemendaal and Zandvoort you cycle through the forests and the center of Haarlem back to the ship. The longer cycling tour leads to the largest steam engine of the world, the Cruquius pumping station and back to Haarlem. During dinner your ship will cruise to Zaandam.
* Departures dates between March 27 and incl. May 1: From Haarlem you have the opportunity to visit the world famous Tulip exhibition park “Keukenhof” in Lisse (by bicycle or public transport; transfers/tickets/entrance fee not included).
From Zaandam your final day of cycling will take you to the open air museum the Zaanse Schans (free entry), with its beautiful windmills, an Old Dutch village with traditional wooden houses, a cheese farm and a traditional wooden clog maker. After exploring the museum you cycle through the recreational area “Twiske” back to Amsterdam. The afternoon and evening are yours to enjoy everything Amsterdam has to offer. If you didn’t go for a canal tour on the first day, you will have the opportunity to do so today.
Amsterdam / Departure
End of your tour: Disembarkation after breakfast until 9.30 a.m.
| Season 1 |
| Season 2 |
| Season 3 |
| Season 4 |
22.05.2022 | 05.06.2022 | 19.06.2022 | 03.07.2022 | 17.07.2022 | 31.07.2022 | 14.08.2022 | 28.08.2022 |
|Boat & Bike South Holland - Poseidon - Upper deck - 8 days, NL-SHSSP-08I-O|
|Base price|| |
|Boat & Bike South Holland - Poseidon - Lower deck - 8 days, NL-SHSSP-08I-U|
|Base price|| |
- Tour and accommodation on board 8 days / 7 nights, cabin in the booked category;
- Full board. breakfast, picnic lunch during bike tours, three course dinner);
- daily short cleaning of the cabin (change of towels daily possible)
- Welcoming drink
- daily briefings of the bike tours, on-board tour guide
- Printed instructions and detailed maps, 1 per cabin
- Min. 3 city walks (Rotterdam, Dordrecht, Gouda)
- Small cheese tasting and 1x live music night on board
- Use of WLAN/Wifi in the lounge of the ship
- Daily complimentary coffee and tea till 4 PM
Services not included
- Bicycle rental or E-bike rental
- Helmet rental
- Personal insurances
- Gratuities (at your discretion)
- Entrance fees and excursions
- Fees for ferries/waterbus
- Transfers to/from the docking place
- Parking fees
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Amsterdam Central Station: approx. 3 km from the pier.
- Guarded Park & Ride area - costs approx. € 145,- per week, reservation possible with travel documents
Number of participants
no minimum number of participants - guaranteed departure!
- The schedule and programme are subject to change. If a route cannot be sailed due to low or high water, the skipper reserves the right to change the route for your safety (this is not a free reason for cancellation).
- Crossing to the island of Texel by boat on Monday not in case of unfavourable weather conditions: In this case crossing Den Helder - Texel and back by ferry.
- Special requests for food such as dietary or vegetarian food will be taken into consideration after consultation and if possible. The extra charge for this is approx. € 25,- per person and week (to be paid directly). Please inform us when booking.
This tour has 2 more variations
Sie werden sich an Bord des schönen Schiffes sofort wie zu Hause fühlen.