Information on the tour and bike fitting. In the case of those arriving at the Trumer Seen lakes, the subsequent daily tours are moved accordingly in the itinerary (these guests begin the tour with the route described for the third day, cycling the Salzburg - Trumer Seen lakes route on the final day).
Today, you will cycle along the Salzach to Oberndorf (birthplace of the Christmas carol "Silent Night"), Arnsdorf (the “Silent Night” Museum), Michaelbeuern (abbey), and further on into the Trumer Seen lakes country (Lake Obertrumer See, Lake Mattsee, Lake Grabensee) and partly also to Lake Wallersee. A shorter, direct version is also possible!
On the third day, the tour will take you through the nature reserve of the Egelseen lakes to Schleedorf (model village and cheese-maker). Later, you will continue to the idyllic Lake Irrsee. Overnight stay in Mondsee (castle, smokehouse) or Attersee.
The day begins with a boat trip to Weyregg (make sure to note the dates for the season!). Afterwards, you will cycle through the Aurachtal valley to Lake Traunsee with Gmunden (castle Orth, ceramics factory), Altmünster (bicycle museum), and Traunkirchen ("Fishermen’s Pulpit").
Via Bad Ischl (Emperor’s Park, Emperor’s Villa, Empress Sissi’s Teahouse) you will cycle along the Ischler Ache river to Lake Wolfgangsee: You will come through places such as St. Wolfgang (White Horse Inn, parish church, cog railway on to the Schafberg), Strobl, Lake Abersee (Zinkenbachklamm gorge) and St. Gilgen - the Mozart village on Lake Wolfgangsee.
On the seventh day, you will take the cycle route to St. Gilgen ("Mozart Village"), the hiking trail into the Tiefbrunnau, past the Hintersee lake, and the Strubklamm gorge into the Wiestal valley (dam); You will come through the Glasenbachklamm into the Salzachtal valley. Shortly before reaching Salzburg, it is worth visiting the castle Hellbrunn (park, zoo, water games). Your destination is the festival and Mozart city of Salzburg with its numerous attractions (fortress, old town).
Along the lakes and river Salzach on cycle paths, flat. In between you are cycling on undulating sections in green rolling countryside. About 1/3rd of the route on dedicated cycle paths, almost all of the rest on country roads, forest lanes and quiet minor roads. Only a few and short sections are on roads with more traffic.
- Overnight stays in the selected category
- Breakfast buffet (in Cat. B partly also without buffet)
- If half board is booked: 3-course dinner
- Personal tour information
- Excellently planned routes
- Detailed travel information (route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers)
- GPS-Tracks on request
- Boat excursion on the Attersee during the boating season from approx. 01.07.-31.08.
- Train journey Lake Traunsee – Lake Hallstättersee
- Bike transfer into the Tiefbrunnau/opportunity for limited number of persons to get a lift
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Salzburg or Trumer Seen lakes.
- Salzburg Category A: garage at a charge of approx. € 10,- per day, no reservation possible.
- Salzburg Category B: hotel garage € 8,- per day, no reservation possible.