Arrival in Reschen
In the evening, you have a personal tour information and the handover of rental bikes.
Today you will cycle along Lake Reschen with a great view of the sunken church of Graun until you reach the medieval village of Glurns (perfectly preserved medieval city walls). Your destination is Schlanders, the capital of the famous Vinschgauer.
On your way you will come across some pretty castles (mountaineer Reinhold Messner’s castle Juval) and you will get marvellous views of the impressive mountain Ortlermassiv and the mountain pass Stilfserjoch, whilst you are rolling down on your bike into the tranquil Merano with its Mediterranean vegetation.
There are two alternative ways leading to Bolzano: either you cycle along the river Adige or you take the way with impressive landscapes through orchards to Lana and Eppan. On this route you can even visit the Messner Mountain Museum, which is located in the renovated ruin Sigmundskron. Ötzi, the Iceman, is surely worth a visit.
From Bolzano, you will cycle along the river Eisack and later along the river Adige on a beautiful bike path that is rich with orchards to Salurn, where the German speaking part of South Tyrol ends and afterwards to the historic centre of Trento accompanied by the vineyards of “Teroldego” vines.
Today, you will cycle on bike paths along the river Adige via the old Tyrolean border town of Rovereto to Mori. From here, the route leads westward to Lake Garda. In Mori you will taste the world famous pistachio ice-cream in the Gelateria Bologna. After a short climb to Passo S. Giovanni (150 metres), you will head down to the lake to Torbole or Riva.
Departure or extension
Nach dem Frühstück individuelle Rückreise oder Beginn Ihrer Verlängerung.
You will cycle on beautiful bike paths mainly along the Adige River. The route will lead you from the Reschenpass (mountain pass) almost 1,500 metres in altitude downhill to Lake Garda. However, you will have to cycle some small climbs too. Overall, you will find yourself on beautiful bike paths and country lanes. Unfortunately, moderate traffic is unavoidable on some short connecting roads.
- Overnight stays in the listed category
- Breakfast buffet
- Personal tour information
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- Excellently planned routes
- Detailed travel information (route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Own signposting
- GPS tracks available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Landeck train station (North Tyrol), public bus to Reschen
- Innsbruck, Munich and Verona airport
- Free parking at or close to the hotel
- Return transfer by minibus to Reschen, every Saturday and Monday morning and Tuesday afternoon, this costs € 75 per person incl. your bike, reservation is necessary.
- Public bus to Rovereto and train connections via Bolzano and Merano to Mals, public bus to Reschen.
- Where visitor's tax is due, it is not included in the tour price!