Welcome briefing and bike fitting. Stroll through the quaint baroque town of Schärding and try to find out what the name of the inn “Zur Bums’n” means. If you can tell the host the story behind the inn's name, he will buy you a beer...
You will cycle along the river Inn to the three river city, Passau. Here, we recommend a short city tour or a visit to the cathedral, where you can listen to the largest church organ in the world (except Sundays and holidays). Then, you will continue your journey along the Danube via Obernzell to Engelhartszell (the only Trappist monastery in Austria, liquor tasting) and further through the nature reserve Donauleiten.
Today, you will reach the Schlögen bend on its northern side. Here, Europe’s second largest river is forced by the granite of the Bohemian Massif into a unique 180° turn. You will have time to watch this natural phenomenon whilst having a ferry ride to the other side of the river. Following the motto, “In Linz beginnt’s” (“It starts in Linz”) you can begin your city tour in one of the many restaurants in the historic old town.
On the fourth day, you will take a little detour away from the course of the Danube to Enns. In Enns, you can go to the town square with its 60 metre town tower, which is the landmark of the oldest town in Austria. Alternatively, you can visit the archaeological collection in the municipal museum Lauriacum. In the beautiful baroque town of Grein you will have the opportunity to get an impression of the oldest still performing city theatre in Austria. Additionally, you can visit the maritime museum or Greinburg castle.
The Strudengau – once feared by the sailors – is now awaiting the cyclists. Where once the currents of the Danube had to be fought against, it is now possible to cycle comfortably along. In Maria Taferl and Melk you can see magnificent churches located high above the Danube, which attract thousands of visitors each year.
You will continue your tour to the 1,000-year-old town of Krems. On the way, the monastery Göttweig, located high above the Danube, leads the way to the flowery city of Tulln.
Your tour ends in the Danube metropolis of Vienna. Don’t forget to visit the “Wurstelprater”, the vibrant entertainment area of Vienna’s Prater and experience its positive mood. In the famous “Schweizerhaus” restaurant you can enjoy a piece of “Stelze” (knuckle of pork) and regain your energy for further city explorations.
Departute or extension
Flat or slightly downhill along the Danube; well-built cycle path almost all the way without motor vehicles. Minor roads make up only very short sections of this route – the Danube cycle path is an extremely well-built cycle route.
| Season 1 |
02.04.2022 - 15.04.2022
01.10.2022 - 08.10.2022
| Season 2 |
16.04.2022 - 06.05.2022
10.09.2022 - 30.09.2022
| Season 3 |
07.05.2022 - 09.09.2022
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||189.00||189.00||189.00|
|Surcharge half board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)||169.00||169.00||169.00|
Kategorie: 3***- und 4****-Hotels sowie Gasthöfe
| Season 1 |
Apr 2, 2022 - Apr 15, 2022
Oct 1, 2022 - Oct 8, 2022
| Season 2 |
Apr 16, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Sep 10, 2022 - Sep 30, 2022
| Season 3 |
May 7, 2022 - Sep 9, 2022
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||59.00||59.00||59.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||88.00||88.00||88.00|
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||65.00||65.00||65.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||110.00||110.00||110.00|
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- developed route
- Detailed travel information 1 x per room (German, English) withroute maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Half-board evening meal (mostly multi-course, sometimes outside the property, payable with voucher)
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus from Vienna daily in the afternoon, costs € 55 per person incl. your bike, to be paid for at the time, reservation is necessary
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- city tax
- optional sightseeing’s
- city maps
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Schärding train station
- Munich and Vienna airport
- Free public car park on the Eurobike premesis directly on the cycle path.
- Return transfer by minibus to Schärding every day in the afternoon, this costs €55 per person incl. your bike, to be paid for at the time, reservation is necessary
- Good train connections from Vienna to Schärding
Category: 3*** and 4**** hotels and inns