Tour information and bike fitting.
You can warm up on a relaxing tour called “With Legends around Kreuzenstein Castle”. At 13 stations, the most beautiful legends of the region are told (e.g. The Pied Piper of Korneuburg). A stop at a wine tavern will complete the cycling day and will provide an opportunity to experience the real Viennese charm.
A day in Vienna offers many opportunities to explore the city of waltz. A well-developed network of bike paths will lead you to the city's attractions. Before you return to your accomodation in the north of Vienna, you should cycle via the Danube Island, which is the oasis for relaxation of the city of millions, where the “Copa Cagrana” and numerous other beach bars with relaxing music invite you to a cocktail at their “sandy beach”.
You will get to the starting point of the Zweigelt bike path tour in Wolkersdorf by train. You will cycle through the beautiful landscape of the Vienna Basin, past picturesque lanes with wine cellars on one or both sides and along the typical oil pumps back to Vienna (transfer by train included in the tour price).
The Kreuttal valley bike route leads through the “green lung” of the Weinviertel district. On this tour you cycle in the centre of diverse nature and large mixed forests. You can enjoy the view of the vineyards in the background.
So that you can experience the typical “Heurigen atmosphere” with Viennese wine and listen to “Schrammel” music and Viennese live songs, we have organised a visit to a typical wine tavern in the evening for you with a special musical entertainment, typical Heurigen snacks and as much wine as you want...
Departure or extension
Additional nights in Vienna enable you to get to know the Danube metropolis more closely. Whilst on city tours and walks, you can enjoy the cultural and culinary sides of the beautiful city centre of Vienna.
You mainly cycle on relatively flat terrain with short climbs in the vineyards. The majority of the route will be on bike paths with the rest on country lanes or minor roads with little traffic. Only a few very short sections run on bike paths or bike lanes on roads with more traffic.
- Accommodation in your selected hotel
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing
- Best developed route
- Detailed travel documents (route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Train journey from Vienna to Wolkersdorf incl. bike
- Day tickets for public transportation in Vienna
- 1 evening at a wine tavern with music, Heurigen snacks and as much wine as you want
- 1 exclusive dinner
- 1 bottle of local quality wine per room
- GPS-data is available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Vienna or Klosterneuburg train station
- Vienna Airport
- Vienna: public garage approx. €5 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary!
- Klosterneuburg: free hotel parking, to be paid at the time, no reservation possible/necessary!
The Arcotel Kaiserwasser is directly in front of the UNO-City and only a few meters from the Danube coast away. You can reach the city centre with the subway very easy and comfortable.