Individual journey to Freiburg. Information meeting and the distribution of bicycles (if booked). Stroll a bit through the old town, which shows different periods of the city history, and enjoy the Mediterranean atmosphere of the city, which is also called the gateway to the Black Forest.
Overlooking the Tuniberg and Kaiserstuhl you cycle towards Breisach. Your route takes you to the other side of the Rhine and Neuf-Brisach and Sundhoffen to Colmar, the wine capital of Alsace. Six centuries dominate the lovely architecture of this city.
The famous wine street guides you through dreamy places like Kaysersberg or Ribeauvillé to Obernai. Maybe you are planning to visit to the former abbey church of St. Maurititus von Ebersmunster?
Along the Breuschkanals (Canal Bruche) you cycle to Strasbourg. Pretty half-timbered houses adorn the cathedral square, narrow streets, the tanner's quarter. Get to know the city from the river: a trip on the so called Bateau-Mouche cruise ships (not included).
By some well-preserved alluvial along the German side of the Rhine, your tour leads to the foot of the Kaiserstuhl. Alternatively, follow on the French side the Rhine-Rhone channel and then later switch to the opposite bank of the Rhine. The wine rules the country. Show your respect at one of the famous wineries of the region.
You will pass the historic Endingen and Riegel to the river Dreisam, follow him on the Kaiserstuhl-bike path to the Tuniberg and then cycle through the moss forest back to Freiburg.
After breakfast you start your individual journey or your holiday extension in Freiburg.
- 6 accommodation n in hotels as described
- breakfast or extended breakfast buffet
- if halfboard booked: many-course evening meals ( last night Only breakfast)
- deatailled travel information
- Carefully elaborated route and detailled route description with maps
- luggage tranport from hotel to hotel
- Rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Protected parking lots at your hotel for approx. € 10,- per day
- Train station Fribourg from there you take a cap or the public transportations to the hotel
- Airport Basel/Mulhouse