Arrival in Strasbourg
Arrival to Strasbourg, check into the hotels and an opportunity for free sightseeing
The Canal de la Bruche once served to transport wine from the wine-growing areas to the capital. Today the cycle path runs along this canal from Strasbourg to Molsheim. Then you cycle through arable farmland with big old farms.
Train ride from Strasbourg to Sélestat (about. 20 min.). Then you cycle on the Wine Route, the cycle path runs through the famous vineyards and their wine-growing villages, which are among the most beautiful in Alsace. From Colmar you take the train to Strasbourg (about 40 min).
Strasbourg is considered to be the most cycle-friendly city in France, with approx. 500 km of cycle paths. By bike you will pass by several sights, visit old and charming residential areas and parks!
You leave Strasbourg and cycle to Kehl on the cycle path by the deep forests along the German Rhine bank. The modern Bridge „Pierre Pflimlin“ brings you back on the French bank. You cycle along the Rhône-Rhine canal to Strasbourg.
You leave Strasbourg and still cycle to Kehl on the cycle path. You go to the north to Rheinau and cross the dam to Gambsheim. The cycle path leads before Strasbourg about the castle “Chateau de Pourtalès” and its big garden.
- Accommodation in your selected hotel
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Welcome briefing (not on Sunday and holiday)
- Best elaborated route
- Detailed travel documents (route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Journey by train Strasbourg-Sélestat and Colmar-Strasbourg incl. bike
- Strassbourg-Pass: free entrées, discounts, information
- Own signposting
- GPS-Track available
- Rental bike insurance
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Strasbourg train station, walk or by tramway to the hotels.
- Strasbourg/Entzheim airport (approx. 20 km), Basel/Mulhouse airport(approx. 120 km), Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden airport (approx. 60 km), by shuttle bus or taxi to Strasbourg
- Guarded Car park close to the hotels, approx. € 55,-/week, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible