Arrival in Bamberg
Individual arrival in Bamberg.
Sightseeing in Bamberg
In Bamberg there are numerous sights that shouldn't be missed. Visit the imperial cathedral and wander through the beauti ful old town with its town hall, being located on an arti fi cial island in the middle of the Regnitz river. A guided
tour through one of the many local breweries is also very interesti ng, as well as visiti ng the brewery museum.
The first part of today’s stage leads you then primal a part along yesterday’s tour course. Until Hirschhaid the route can be shortened by train (not included). After Hirschhaid you follow the valley of stream Aisch to Neustadt.
Your last day on the bike leads you to Bad Windsheim, where you find next to a beautiful old city the Franconian open air museum. On a spacious area historic buildings have been rebuilt. In the local tavern you can taste home-brewed beer, before you continue your tour. Back in Rothenburg your tour comes to an end in medieval setting. You should not miss a vespertine city tour with night watchman!
After breakfast your beer tour is completed, if wished you can book extra nights
- 8 overnights with breakfast
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- Guided tour of Rothenburg with the night watchman
- Vouchers for 5 x 0.5 l of beer (per room), redeemable in Bamberg
- Entrance to the Franconian Brewery Museum Bamberg
- Entrance to the Franconian Open-Air Museum Bad Windsheim (Closed Mondays)
- Comprehensive cycle route description in English with maps
- 7 day service hotline
- optional rental bike
- optional half board
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- by train:
Rothenburg ob der Tauber station
- by car:
A7 motorway / Rothenburg ob der Tauber
Parking is subject to a charge and availability in the car parks of the start hotel or partner hotel.
There is free parking at the station (unattended), where cars can be left for the duration of your trip. As this car park is used by commuters it is often full.
- by plane:
Nuremberg airport, good train connections to Rothenburg o.d.T., approx. 1,5 hours