Arrival in Dresden
Individual arrival. In the late afternoon you get the hire bike (if booked) and a travel briefing. Enjoy the sights of Dresden after that.
From Dresden to Meissen
Today you reach Radebeul, which is closely related to the writer Karl May, and the porcelain town Meissen with the Albrechtsburg (castle). (approx. 25 km)
Try today at the Saxon wine route the local wines and visit the Baroque castle Diesbar-Seußlitz, before you reach the sports town Riesa. (approx. 35 km)
From Riesa to Torgau
Via Mühlberg with the former Cistercian monastery and the tree park of Treblitz your route leads you to Torgau with the castle Hartenfels. (approx. 45 km)
The castles Lichtenberg and Pretzsch flank your way to Wittenberg, which awaits you with Luther hall, Luther and Melanchton house. (approx. 65 km)
Wittenberg to Merseburg
The train takes you to the Händel town Halle (Saale) with highlights like the Red Tower and the Moritz castle. After that you cycle into the former residential city Merseburg. (approx. 30 km)
Merseburg to Bad Sulza
Today we recommend a detour to Freyburg with the Rotkäppchen sparkling wine cellars. You cycle to Naumburg with the Cathedral St. Peter and Paul and Bad Sulza with brine and spa. (approx. 58 km)
Bad Sulza – Weimar
The Ilm cycleway takes you to Eberstedt with its cyclists church. After that the bells town Apolda is located on your way into the 1000 years old town Weimar. (approx. 35 km)
Individual departure or start of your prolongation.
Easy. The Elbe und Saale bike routes provide the opportunity to cycle along the loveliest and important fleets of Germany without traffic. Another route section leads along country roads with light traffic through varied landscapes.
- 8 overnight stays in hotels like described
- Breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Personal welcome and info talk
- Well-elaborated routes and detailed route description with maps.
- Detailed travel information (about sights, important phone numbers ...)
- Merian guidebook for Thuringia
- Thüringen Card (Thuringia card): entrance Weimar: Goethe Nationalmuseum, city tour, Weimarhaus, Goethe Gartenhaus, Bauhaus, castle Belvedere; entrance Apolda: bells and town museum
- train ride (bike inclusive) from Wittenberg to Halle
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- Rental bike insurance
Parking garage at the hotel in Dresden approx. € 16,- per day, payable on spot, no reservation necessary.