Arrival in Heidelberg
Tour information and bike fitting. You will spend a wonderful evening in the unique atmosphere of Germany’s oldest university town.
You will cycle along the river Neckar to the old Roman town of Ladenburg with its beautiful medieval inner city. Then you will continue your tour through the Rhine valley to the imperial city of Worms with its cathedral built in the 12th century, the Martin Luther monument, and the oldest Jewish cemetery in Europe.
Enjoy a ride along the river Rhine, partly on the idyllic paths at the ancient Rhine channels, to Oppenheim, “the city of Gothic style and wine”. Here you can discover the city beneath the city, the labyrinth of Oppenheim, and follow the footsteps of Martin Luther.
The second imperial cathedral of this tour is in the capital of Rheinland-Pfalz, the city of Mainz. Here you will cross the river Main and visit the Gutenberg museum. In the romantic town of Rüdesheim you can take the cable car to enjoy a splendid view of the Middle Rhine Valley (not included in the tour package price).
After crossing the river Rhein, you will get to Bingen, where the river Nahe joins the Rhein and where four wine growing regions meet. We recommend visiting the bridge Drususbrücke, which was built in the 10th century, next to the Mäuseturm tower as well as the bridge chapel (Brückenkapelle). The “Volker City” Alzey still feels close to its fiddler from the Song of the Nibelungs.
On this short stage, you will have a lot of time to enjoy some wine on your way. In Bobenheim, you will get to the beginning of the German wine road and finish your tour in the tranquil city of Grünstadt.
The cultural highlights of the day are the beautiful wine villages you will find along your way. In Bad Dürkheim, you will see the biggest wine barrel in the world and if you travel in September you might also be able to visit the world’s largest wine festival. In Deidesheim, we recommend visiting the wine museum in the medieval town hall. Then, you will cycle via the region called “Balcony of the Pfalz” to the secret wine capital of Germany.
On the eighth day, you will visit the third imperial cathedral in Speyer. Enjoy the atmosphere of the beautiful medieval inner city of Speyer and visit the marvelous castle and park in Schwetzingen.
- 8 Overnights in booked category as mentioned above
- Breakfast buffet style or substantial breakfast
- Personal Welcome Briefing
- If Half board booked: min. 3-course dinner
- Carefully elaborated route
- Detailed documentation, route book, points of interest
- GPS-Tracks on request
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Rental bike insurance
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- city tax
- optional sightseeings
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements
Parking/arrival and departure
- Garage approx. € 20,- per day or public parking garage approx. € 12 per day, payable on-site, no reservation required.
- Cat. A: Hotelgarage or hotel parking spaces approx. € 10 per day, payable on-site, no reservation required.
- Cat. B: Hotelgarage approx. € 25,- per week, payable on-site, no reservation required.
- ICE railway station Heidelberg or railway station Worms.
- Airport Frankfurt / Main.