The hotel staff will provide you with travel documents and bikes. In the evening, we will welcome you with an “aperitivo” in the beautiful hotel lobby.
The first bike trip will take you to the hilly countryside surrounding the town of Marostica. After a short ascent (2km) you will be rewarded for your efforts with a great view of the region. The many cherry trees along the roadside invite you to try their delicious fruits and help you to quickly forget the climbs you had to cycle. In the restaurant "Caissa" in Marostica (beautiful medieval town that is famous for its "living chess") you can enjoy delicious Italian specialities for lunch today! To round off the visit in Marostica, you will be invited to taste some wine and grappa. Afterwards, it will only be a short way back to your hotel.
At the beginning of today's tour you will ride your bike comfortably towards Asolo. Before the idyllic village of Roman origin invites you to a first break, a 1.5 km long climb has to be cycled. Then, you will continue your trip full of energy through the hilly landscape to the little town of Bassano del Grappa. Here, you will find a world-famous landmark, the covered wooden bridge over the Brenta River from the 13th century!
“Through nature, to culture.“ The route will take you through the natural park of the Brenta, where you have plenty of time during the leisurely bike ride to enjoy the beauty of nature. Make sure to visit the Villa Contarini, so that you do not miss a masterpiece of Venetian Villas! The Brenta will guide you back again to the hotel.
Past the numerous corn fields of the region, you will cycle a round trip on beautiful trails. During a stopover in Vicenza, you will be able to admire the works of the medieval star architect Palladio (Basilica, Olympic Theatre, and numerous palaces).
Today you cycle to the wine growing region Breganze. More than 2000 wine-growers are pressing different red and white wines with the DOC seal. Cabernet and Pinot Bianco are the most famous ones and should not be forgotten at the tasting (included). You cycle along the vineyards back to the hotel.
The tours in the programme are easy to cycle on flat or slightly hilly terrain. You will cycle on bike trails, side roads, and only sometimes on field tracks, but mainly on asphalted roads. In cities you will occasionally come across more traffic.
- Overnight stays in the 4**** Hotel Sweet in comfortable rooms with balcony
- Breakfast buffet
- If half-board is booked: 2x dinner in the restaurant Ristorante Venezia and 1x in the brasserie
- In the evenings, “aperitivo” and snacks
- Excellently planned routes
- Detailed travel information (route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers)
- EUROBIKE signposting
- Transfer by train according to the programme, incl. bike
- 1 x lunch (antipasti and pasta meal) incl. wine, grappa, and coffee
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Take the train to Vicenza or Bassano del Grappa, and then the bus or a taxi
- Free parking spaces in the hotel garage and on hotel grounds, no reservations taken
Any visitor’s taxes are not included in the tour price!