Beautiful old city, you should visit the cathedral from 10th century.
Transfer from Brixen into Pustertal valley to Bruneck or Toblach. Follow the river Rienz downhill, past Olanger reservoir to Bruneck (local history museum). Comfortable cycling into the lower Pustertal valley through Mühlbacher Klauser gorge into Eisack valley to Brixen (arcades, dome, monastery Neustift).
Through Albrecht Durer town Klausen along river Eisack to Waidbruck (view to fortress Trostburg). Here the valley narrows and mouths into the Bolzano valley. The city is meeting place of two cultures (archaeological museum with Ötzi, the ice-mummy).
There are two options to get to Lake Kalterer See: an undulating option on the new cycle path via Eppan and St. Pauls (dome in the country) or on the dyke of river Adige to Auer and from there to Lake Kalterer See.
From Lake Kalterer See or Salurn you return onto the cycle path on the dyke of Adige. At Salurner Klause the German speaking South Tyrol ends. The cycle path crosses the famous Trentian wine-growing area to reach the ancient Bishop’s seat Trento (old town, dome, castle Buonconsiglio).
Shortly after the old Tyrolean city Rovereto we leave the Adige valley. The only climb worth mentioning (approx. 150 m) near Mori is followed by a lovely descent to Torbole on Lake Garda. End of tour.
This is an easy tour for true cycle-gourmets. Along the rivers Rienz, Eisack and Adige to Rovereto you cycle downhill with the water. Between Adige valley to Lake Garda there is the only climb worth mentioning. Enjoy a comfortable cycling week with a lot of time for culture, relaxing and enjoying.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Train journey from Brixen – Toblach incl. your bike
- 1 x pistachio ice cream on the way to Lake Garda
- Brixen Card for many free admissions and discounts
- GPS-tracks available
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- city tax
- optional sightseeing’s
- city maps
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements
Arrival/ departure and parking information
- Brixen train station.
- Verona and Innsbruck airport.
- Garage costs approx. € 55 per week, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible.
- Free car park, unattended on the outskirts of Brixen.
- Public bus from Riva/Torbole to Rovereto, good train connections from Rovereto to Brixen.
Category: 3***and 4**** hotels