Arrival in Interlaken
The town between Lake Brienz and Lake Thun is a popular starting point for trips to the Aare-ravine and the mountain world of the Berner Oberland.
The day begins with a boat trip on Lake Thun, before you cycle on the Bern. Goethe thought Bern was the most beautiful city in Switzerland. The old town is a world heritage site.
Cycling along the Aare River and Lake Wohlen you will come to the bilingual town of Biel/Bienne. The Swiss watch-making industry made the town famous. In the Omega museum you can learn all about the industry.
Today’s stage is only short so that you have enough time to enjoy the old town or the Lake. Solothurn is also a Canton capital city and is considered the most beautiful baroque city in Switzerland.
The Aare river, which by this stage is powerful flow of water, marks the landscape. Villages and meadows line the way to Aarau, which still bears influences form the 16th Century and was once the capital city of the Helvetic Republic.
A short trip to Brugg, then you will continue to Koblenz, where the Aare and Rhine meet (at this point the Aare is the bigger of the two). Then you will continue up the Rhine to you overnight stay today in Waldshut/ Tiengen.
You will continue up the Rhine until you come to the Rheinfall waterfall, which you will view on a boat trip and the beautiful town of Schaffhausen.
Today you will cycle to Stein am Rhein with its many fresco-painted houses and from here on along the shores of Lake Constance towards Constance. The old episcopal town was during the Middle Ages the setting for the only council ever to be convened north of the Alps.
Departure or extension
Your cycling tour comes to an end after breakfast.
- Accommodation as mentioned in the tour course
- with half board dinner is included
- Luggag transfer form hotel to hotel
- Maps and plans
- Boat tour Interlaken - Thun incl. bike
- Boat tour to the Rheinfallfelsen
- Entrance to the Rosgartenmuseum Konstanz incl. 1 coffee
- Rental bike insurance
- Service Hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Good Arrival opportunities by train to Interlaken or Konstanz
- Parking in Constanz: Hotel parking lots for approx. €20,- to 50,-€ per week (depends on the hotel). Parking lots at the office: € 30, - for the whole trip. Reservation not possible
- Transfer Konstanz – Interlaken each Saturday possible, costs € 85 ,- per Person including the bike, Reservation necessary.