Arrival in Salzburg
Welcome briefing and bike fitting. After that the Stiegl brewery and the Augustinerbräu are ripe and ready to host your first Austrian beer tasting experience in the beautiful town of Salzburg.
After a short trip along the rivers Salzach und Saalach, you will be heading into Bavaria. Do not miss the chance to try more beer specialities at the 'Schönramer Brewery’. After this refreshing Bavarian treat, the tour swiftly leads you via lake Abtsdorfer back to the river Salzach into Austria. After visiting the 'Silent Night’ chapel you arrive at Franking via the Salzachauen. Here a unique experience awaits: a 'beer bath’ - the crowning glory at the end of this day.
You cycle through the nature reserve 'Ibmer Moor’ to the Benedictine abbey at Michaelbeuern. The path leads over a hill called Haunsberg and down to the Trumer lakes. Here you will not only find the 'Creativ Brauerei’, but also the private brewery 'Privatbrauerei Trumer’ - two of the most award-winning beer producers in Austria. In the shady beer garden of the Brewery Inn they offer unlimited supply of the 'amber nectar’ flowing from a beer fountain on special occasions.
From Obertrum you will cycle to Eugendorf via Seekirchen. On top of the retired Ischl train tracks, a cycle path was built that leads straight into the old part of town in Salzburg. Two final beer highlights await at the 'Stiegl Brauwelt’ and at 'Kastners Schenke’ with its 'Kloanen Brauhaus’.
Along the rivers and lakes, the terrain is mainly flat with interspersed slight hills. There are mainly cycle paths and small rural roads, however for some short sections, cycling on roads with moderate traffic is unfortunately unavoidable.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- If half board is booked: every day a 3 course meal
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Best developed route
- Detailed travel documents (route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Drinks voucher for some of the brewery visits
- 1x beer tub bath
- 1x brewery guided tour included
- Own signposting
- GPS data is available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Salzburg central train station
- Salzburg airport
- Car park at the hotel costs €8 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible. Multi-storey car park costs €60 per week, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
- Return transfer by minibus to Salzburg every Saturday morning, this costs €60 per person, reservation is necessary
- Good train connections from Passau to Salzburg