From Golden Roof to the Hofbräuhaus
Easy to Moderate
- 7 Days / 6 Nights
- Self-guided Tour
Welcome briefing and the handing out of the bikes. The famous old town, the golden roof and the Bergisel ski jump are some of the main attractions that attract visitors to Innsbruck.
You head to Wattens with the steeply towering North Chain of the Karwendel mountains at your side. You will pass through the saline town of Hall with its historical Mint tower. Here you can visit the enchanting Swarovski Crystal Worlds. You then cycle along the Inn cycle path past Schwaz, where there is a silver mine until you get to the cycling village of Strass.
With a splendid view of the Zillertal main ridge, which has an altitude of over 3000m, you cycle gently along the Zillertal bike path to Mayrhofen. There is a possibility to take a cable car up to see the glacier. When leaving the valley you cycle slightly downhill.
From Jenbach you take the steam railway to lake Achen. The cycle path runs directly along Lake Sylvensteinsee. The River Isar runs through atmospheric scenery all the way to Bad Tölz. Thanks to its location on two trade routes (the river Isar and the old salt road stretching from Reichenhall to the Allgäu), Bad Tölz quickly flourished into a trading post. If you look at the elaborately decorated houses there, you can still see the evidence of this heyday.
You cycle through the charming Tegernsee landscape until you get to Gmund Tegernsee with its beautiful panoramic view. Cycle along the Gaißbachtal back to Bad Tölz. The Tölzer market road invites you to go for a walk in the traces of the well-known German TV series “Der Bulle von Tölz”.
The Isar bike path will take you via Geretsried and Wolfratshausen to Grünwald. You still need to cycle up a few last hills until you reach Munich where there is a lot for you to do thanks to its many attractions.
Abreise oder Verlängerung
You mainly cycle on cycle paths along the Inn and Isar valleys but also on slightly hillier sections on natural paths. There are only longer hills on stage 3. You will cycle on beautiful cycle routes and minor roads. Some main roads have to be used for short distances.
Kategorie: 3***-Hotels, in München und Innsbruck 4****-Hotels
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- If half board is booked: every day a 3 course meal
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Best developed route
- Detailed travel documents (route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- trainride from Jenback to Achensee incl. your bike
- Own signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking/ Departure
- Innsbruck central station
- Innsbruck and Munich airport
- Multi-storey car park in Innsbruck costs approx. € 55 per week or multi-storey car park in Munich costs approx. € 49 for 8 days, approx. € 59 for 10 days or free, unobserved car parking spaces available close to the hotel, no reservation is possible/necessary, to be paid for at the time!
- Transfer in advance to Innsbruck every Sunday at approx. 04.30 pm from Munich, costs € 65 per person incl. your bike, reservation necessary, to be paid for at the time.
- Good train connections from Munich to Innsbruck