Welcome to Colmar. The city is known for its architecture of six centuries and is called the Capital of the Alsace wines.
You will leave Colmar heading north through Houssen and ride to Ribeauvillé, before returning to Colmar through the beautiful wine villages of Riquewihr, Turckheim and Eguisheim.
From Colmar, take the direction of the Munster Valley by Turckheim and Zimmerbach. The varied landscape of the Munster Valley is one of the most beautiful in Massif des Vosges boasting rounded peaks, high-growing stubble, steep mountainsides and lakes originating from glaciers. Discover a region and its emblematic cheese: the Munster! Discover all the stages in the production of this famous cheese thanks to almost 2,000 m² of exhibits in the Maison du Fromage. You will come back to Colmar on a cycle path through nature and little villages.
The trains to Strasbourg run almost every hour or half-hour. If you still want to ride a little bit, take the train with your bike and get off at the station Estein. You will then take the advantage of an attractive trail of 25 km until Strasbourg. You will come back to Colmar by train.
After breaksfast your tour ends.
Flat to the river Rhine in Breisach, a little bit hilly along the French wine street. Most of the time you cycle on bike paths, sometimes on side streets with less traffic.
- Accommodation in the selected category
- 1 train ticket Mulhouse-Colmar
- 1 train ticket Colmar – Strasbourg - Colmar
- Well-prepared route guidance
- For bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (FR, DE, EN with route or overview maps, route description, important telephone numbers)
- Own signposting
- GPS data available
- Service hotline
- Dinner (except for half board)
- Drinks, lunch
- Bike insurance for own bikes
- General insurance (personal insurance, travel cancellation insurance including repatriation in case of accident, illness or death)
- Round trip
- Park fees
- Single room supplement (if not booked)
- Local tax
Train arrival is possible in the station of Colmar.
Arrival at Strasbourg airport, shuttle to the station of Strasbourg, train between Strasbourg and Colmar, taxi to the hotel (station – Hotel Beauséjour about 15 min by foot)
Other airports nearby: Basel/Mulhouse about 60 km.
Arrival by car:
Free parking in the Beauséjour hotel courtyard.
Grand Hôtel Bristol : 7 days in Parking de la Gare about 25€ or free parking on the street nearby the hotel
Category A: Overnight stays in 4* Grand Hôtel Bristol
Category B: Overnight stays in 3* Hôtel Beauséjour