Welcome briefing and distribution of rental bikes. We recommend strolling through the beautiful city!
Magdeburg – Burg
You cycle through small and picturesque villages before you reach Burg. (approx. 30 km)
Burg - Tangermünde
Do a sightseeing tour through the roman church near Jerichow on the way to Tangermünde. The city has an old town townscape. The medieval castle was built 800 years ago. (approx. 40 km)
Tangermünde – Havelberg
The nature park “Alte Elbe” offers habitat for numerous and seldom species of birds and allows a relaxed start in your bike day. The route leads you along palace Storkau to Havelberg, the island and dome city. This small and unimpressive city is located on the meeting of river Havel and river Elbe. Worth visiting is the dome in renaissance and baroque style. (approx. 50 km)
This tour leads you via Wittenberg to Schnackenburg (well-known museum). Your overnight stay is in the Gatow am See area or surroundings. (approx. 39-63 km)
You still follow the river Elbe until you reach Hitzacker with picturesque old city and typical half-timbered houses. (approx. 58-78 km)
Hitzacker – Lauenburg
Today’s tour course to Lauenburg is slightly hilly. Characteristic for this city is the silhouette, framed by the high banks of river Elbe. There are a lot of places of interest awaiting you: palace and tower, Maria-Magdalena church and emperor garden. (approx. 55 km)
Lauenburg – Hamburg
You cycle along river Elbe and via Geesthacht to harbour city Hamburg. Numerous memorials, art, culture and a special atmosphere invites you! For detailed information please see www.hamburg-tourismus.de. (approx. 55 km)
Hamburg - Glückstadt
The tour leads from Hamburg along the elbe bike path in direction to Glückstadt. You come through villages like Wedel with its welcome horn for ships. Every arrival or departure vessel will be ceremonial welcome with his own national hymn. (approx. 56 km)
Glückstadt - Cuxhaven
Arrive by ferry (not included) over the river elbe to the region "Cuxland". The range of bathing place and seaside resort invite a lot of guest to the nothern coast of germany. (approx. 58 km)
This is an easy bike tour which leads you through flat and slightly hilly terrain. The bike path along river Elbe allows a carfree tour course. Other parts are leading you along small country roads and roads with less traffic through the diversified river landscape.
- 10 Overnights in hotels as mentioned above
- Breakfast buffet style or substantial breakfast
- Half board = multi-course dinner or buffet
- Personal Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Detailed travel documents, route cards incl. maps (German, English)
- At best elaborated route
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- GPS-tracks on request
- Insurance rental bikes
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- city tax
- optional sightseeings
- city maps
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements
Parking/arrival and departure
- There are underground car parks in Magdeburg available for about € 10 per day, payable on spot, a reservation is not possible.
- Return journey by train to Magdeburg for about € 70,- per person, duration about 5,5 hours.
- Return journey to Magdeburg by minivan, limited space available, minimum number of participants: 4 persons, a reservation is necessary. Price is € 100,- per person, payable on spot.
Category A: Comfortable hotels and guest houses, basically in the 3*** and 4*** category, centrally located in most cases.
Category B: Good middle hotels and guest houses, basically 3*** category, partly situated at the outskirts of town.