Your personal tour information and handing over of the bicycles (if booked) is in the evening. A first tour by bicycle you can undertake to the old town of Hann. Münden. We recommend a little stroll through the medieval centre of Hann. Münden with the historic half timbered houses of the Weser Renaissance is very interesting. You will love the splendid old houses.
Start of the bicycle tour on the Weser Rock, exactly where Werra and Fulda embrace each other. You cycle via Reinhardshagen and past the ancient Benedictine monastery Bursfelde to the baroque Huguenot's town Bad Karlshafen. The centre of Bad Karlshafen with its lovely reconstructed baroque houses presents an interesting diversion to the otherwise usual half-timbered houses.
A number of highlights can be encountered along the route: the town Fürstenberg with a renowned porcelain manufacture, the old hanseatic town Höxter with more than 160 mostly half timbered buildings under monuments-protection. The little town Beverungen retained a lot of its historical face. Holzminden is well known for the production of aroma-essences and perfume-oils.
Many an idyllic village on the road invites you to stay. The little town Bodenwerder got certain fame for being the home of the so called "Lying Baron" of Münchhausen. The famous town of the "Rat Catcher from Hameln" has an intact old town with marvellous half-timbered houses and buildings in the typical style of the Weser Renaissance, dating back to the 16th and 17th century.
Near Porta Westfalica the river breaks through the Wiehen- and Weser mountain ranges and reaches the Northern German lowlands. The small town Rinteln, originating from the 13th century still has many buildings from the Weser Renaissance. Bad Oeynhausen has the world biggest carbonic acid thermal spring. Minden once was a flourishing trading centre but was destroyed in great parts during World War II. It was reconstructed in an exemplary way. Individual departure.
The Weser River Cycle Path follows mainly side roads with only scarce traffic as well as dedicated asphalted cycle paths and country roads. Only few differences in altitude have to be managed, therefore this cycle path is highly recommended for beginners or families with children.
- Overnights in hotels and guesthouses of the chosen category
- Breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Half board if booked: at least three-course dinner or buffet
- Personal welcome briefing on spot
- Detailed travel documents (route cards, way description, sight-seeing, important telephone numbers)*
- best elaborated route
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- GPS-Tracks on request
- Rental bike insurance
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- city tax
- optional sightseeing’s
- city maps
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements
*Please note that the route description is in german language. But the signs of the Weser bike path really good and you get the bikeline in Germany. The maps are good and if you want, you can get GPS as well.
- There are parking places at your hotel, cost approx. € 5,- per day. Near the city centre public free parking places are available. There is an underground garage at the hotel, cost per day € 15,-.
- For groups of at least 4 persons we advise the return by minivan which carries 4-8 persons including bikes and luggage to the starting hotels. A reservation in advance is absolutely necessary because of limited seat availability. Payment takes place at the starting hotel during the information talk.
- Price per person including bikes and luggage transport:
- from Cuxhaven: € 90,-
- from Bremen: € 60,-
Category A: comfortable hotels and guest houses, mostly in the 3***- and 4***-category, situated in the centre.
Category B: middle-class hotels and guest houses, mostly 2**- and 3***-category, in the surroundings of the city.