Arrival in Mureck
Welcome drink, welcome briefing/information meeting and bike fitting.
You will follow the river Mur eastwards to Bad Radkersburg. The thermal bath's wonderfully warm water is awaiting you (admission included!). On your way back to Mureck, you will ride your bike through the floodplains along the Mur cycle path.
The day will start with a transfer to the South Styrian Wine Road where you partake in some wine tasting at one of the excellent wineries (included in the tour price!). Then you will cycle along the Wine Road via Gamlitz and Ehrenhausen back to your hotel.
Cycling without borders! The river Mur forms a natural border with Slovenia but today you will go into Slovenia. When there, you will cycle on beautiful paths and get great views throughout the day.
On the fifth day, you will take the train to Graz. The 2003 European Cultural Capital invites you for a visit. Afterwards, you will cycle along the wonderful Mur cycle path via Seggau and then back to Mureck.
The black gold - pumpkin seed oil - is what has made Styria famous. Nowhere else will you find higher quality oil than here. The route will lead you through the area where the pumpkins are grown and of course, to a mill where you will be able to watch the production process (admission included!).
You will cycle on wonderful bike baths and minor roads. Only for a few short sections will you need to ride your bike on major roads. In the vineyards, you will find yourself on hilly terrain.
- Accommodation in Hotel-Pension Steirerland
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- Half-board (4-course dinner with choices) incl. 1x gala dinner (7 courses) and 1x Styrian specialities dinner incl. wine
- Welcome briefing
- Excellently planned routes
- Detailed travel documents (route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Own signposting
- Welcome drink
- Transfer incl. bike to the South Styrian Wine Road
- Train journey from Mureck – Graz incl. your bike
- Wine tasting at the South Styrian Wine Road
- Admission and guided tour at an oil mill
- Admission to the thermal bath in Bad Radkersburg
- GPS data is available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Mureck central station
- Graz airport
- Free parking spaces at the hotel, no reservation possible/necessary
Pension Steirerland 3*** - Mureck
The privately run family home Troicher was rebuilt in the spring of 2005. Mainly natural materials like wood and stone were used in the rooms in accordance with the nature of Styria.