Arrival in Tübingen
Starting point of your journey is the university city Tübingen
You leave the lively city and cycle along the valley. On your way are some beautiful lakes where you can take a bath. You pass Nürtingen where poetry Hölderlin went to school. In Plochingen the Hundertwasser tower is well-worth seeing. Esslingen is one of the cities which was not destroyed during war – enjoy the especial historic flair.
Today you can try the health resort in Stuttgart-Canstatt. You follow river Neckar through a lovely landscape and pass emperors summer residence Ludwigsburg. Neckar valley is the birth place of poets and thinkers – you will feel this especially in Marbach, birth place of Friedrich Schiller. In the museum you can learn more about the poet.
Through picturesque vineyards along the river loops to Lauffen where you can taste a gulp of Katzenbeißer. Another centre of winegrowing and wine-trade is Heilbronn. The big city offers a mixture of historic and modern buildings. You continue along romantic Burgenstraße to Neckarsulm.
Well-worth seeing is NSU-museum with its historic two-wheelers and cars. Enjoy the amazing views while cycling to Bad Wimpfen with its numerous towers. While passing vineyards and forests you see fortress Hornberg where once Götz of Berlichingen lived. Eberbach was coined through handicraft, a special feature was the mining of sand.
River Neckar runs through forest Odenwald. On your way you visit four-fortresses-city Neckarsteinach and in Neckargemünd you see impressing medieval architecture. Well-known University City Heidelberg is awaiting you with ruin, baroque old city and active culture.
After breakfast the tour is completed. Of course we are happy to book additional nights in Heidelberg for you.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Best elaborated route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, Dutch route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Return transfer by minibus to Tübingen every Sunday morning, costs EUR 89 per person incl. your bike, to be paid for in advance, reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Thübingen train station
- Thübingen: Public multi storgage car park, this costs approx. EUR 10 to 20 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible
- Good train connections from Heidelberg to Tübingen. Duration about 2 hours, 1 change of train.
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
- You can book extra nights for any day of your tour. Prices upon request!