Arrival to Bolzano
Welcome briefing and distribution of your rental bikes.
Usually you cycle along the Àdige, partly through the orchards to Salurn, where the German speaking South Tyrol comes to an end. The dam pathways lead to Trento (the old part of town is worth seeing).
Your path leads you along the Àdige through Roverto to Mori. From here the tour leads westward in the direction of the Lake Garda. After a short ascent a descent follows and leads you via the lake to Torbole and to Riva. From here you go on a boat journey on the whole length of the lake to Sirmione/Desenzano.
Partly flat, partly easily hilly through the vine hills to Verona, a city full of places of interest (festival arena, Julia’s house, old city walls).
Today is the longest stage on the program for the single tour Flat and then through the hill of “Monti Berici”, the excursion region of Vicenza, with a beautiful view of the city. In the old part of town one can still feel the ghost of Palladio, the famous architect from the middle Ages.
Numerous Venetian villas are located at the exit of Vicenza, such as for example the Villa Rotonda. Along the Bacchiglione the way leads to Abano Terme one of Italy’s famous spas, as the destination of the stage. Padua is the city of Saint Antonius and scholars. The town is easily be reached by bus. The short stage allows enough time to enjoy the thermal springs.
Usually supported by the light wind one bikes easily through the Veneto in the direction of the sea. Fields and meadows set the tone of the landscape. The destination of the stage is located in or near to Marghera/Mestre on the mainland before Venice with good bus connections to the lagoon city.
You can combine this tour with Innsbruck – Bolzano or Venice – Florence.
The route is flat as far as easily hilly; the only strenuous part is the Monti Berici. The first two stages are predominantly on bicycle paths, southern and eastern from Lake Garda you cycle mostly on economy paths and side roads. As a result of missing bicycle paths there are a few, short sections on streets with heavy traffic. You are cycling on almost continuous asphalted ways.
- Accommodation in booked category
- Breakfast buffet
- 1x Gelato on the way to lake garda
- 1x Grappa-Degustation in Venice
- Personal tour information on spot
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Boat journey on Lago di Garda
- Best elaborated route
- Detailed travel documents, route maps, way description, sight-seeing, important telephone numbers
- GPS-tracks available
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- Rental bike - insurance
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- city tax
- optional sightseeing’s
- city maps
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements
Arrival/ departure and parking information
- From railway station to hotel approx. 5 minutes. We recommend a taxi, approx. 5,- €.
- Cat. Charme: Hotel parking or garage approx. 70,- €, no reservation possible
- Cat. A: Hotel parking or garage approx. 50,- €, no reservation possible
- Cat. B: Hotel parking or garage approx. 45,- €, no reservation possible
- Transfer by bus from Venice to Bolzano every friday, saturday and sunday morning, costs per person 65,- €, reservation required beforehand.
Charm category: see description
Category A: 3*** and 4**** hotels
Category B: 3*** hotels, 1 x 4**** hotel at the outskirts of the city