Arrival in Bolzano
Welcome briefing and bike fitting. For the rest of the day, we recommend visiting the city and its beautiful old town (bowers).
Your first stage will lead you through countless orchards and vineyards in the area of the South Tyrolean Wine Road, past many castles and ruins to the wine village, further to Lake Caldaro until you reach the charming wine village Auer.
Today, you will mainly be cycling on a marvellous bike path along the river Adige, partly through orchards until you reach Salurn, where the German speaking South Tyrol ends. The dam pathways will lead you to Trento and its remarkable old town.
First, you will continue cycling along the Adige, until Rovereto, from where the route leads westwards towards Lake Garda.In Mori you are going to taste the very famous Pistachio ice cream in the Gelateria Bologna. After a short ascent, you will descend down to the lake, to Torbole and further on to Riva. From here, a boat trip will then take you down the entire length of the lake.
We recommend a tour through the historic centres of Desenzano and Sirmione. Afterwards, you will cycle over the gently rolling hills to Verona. Today, you can get a first impression of the festival city. Romeo and Juliet are still in town tomorrow!
On the sixth day, you will cycle past the sights of Verona to the river Minico (outflow of Lake Garda) and further down to the charming town of Mantova. Later, the train will take you back.
You will cycle mainly on flat routes. There are some short climbs on the cycle path to Eppan and Lake Garda.. You will find yourself on beautiful bike paths and country lanes. Unfortunately, moderate traffic is unavoidable on some short connecting roads.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Eurobike developed route
- Detailed travel documents (route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Boat ride on Lake Garda incl. your bike
- Train journey from Mantua - Verona incl. your bike
- 1x pistachio ice cream on the way to lake Garda
- Own signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Bolzano train station
- Airports Verona, Venice or Treviso
- Multi-storey car park for approx€ 70 per week, to be paid at the time, no reservation necessary, free, unattended car parks outside the city centre
- Return transfer by minibus to Bolzano every Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning, € 55 per person incl. your bike, reservation necessary
- Good train connections from Verona back to Bolzano
- Where visitor’s tax is due, it is not included in the tour price!