Arrival to Florence
Tour briefing and distribution of the rentalbikes. Visit of the beautiful centre of Florence recommended.
In the morning, you will take the train to Arezzo. There, you can visit the beautiful churches and palaces of the city of antiquities and gold. With your bike you will cycle on beautiful trails through the vast plains of the Val di Chiana, constantly accompanied by hill and mountain silhouettes of the southern Tuscany. You will pass Cortona and you will finally get to Lake Trasimeno, the battlefield of Hannibal against the Romans. Moreover, you will have a gorgeous view of Lake Trasimeno. Tonight, you will spend the night in Passignano.
You will cycle along the lake to Torricella. From there you will continue through open fields, rolling hills and idyllic places to Perugia. Stroll through one of the nicest shopping streets of Italy to the Cathedral of San Lorenzo, the Palazzo dei Priori, or the Arco Etrusco... the Umbrian capital will fascinate you!
After having crossed the river Tiber, it is only a few kilometres by bike to the birthplace of St. Francis of Assisi. However, before you cycle up to the mystical city, you will take a trip to one of the most beautiful sanctuaries of Umbria: S. M. degli Angeli! In Assisi, you can immerse yourself in the colourful world of medieval frescoes by Giotto.
Your way leads you along the foot of the mighty Mount Subasio to the still entirely preserved medieval town Spello. Afterwards, you will continue through the Valle Umbra to Spoleto. Cities, such as Montefalco, Trevi, and Campello can be seen on the surrounding hills. From the more than 80 m high aqueduct you can enjoy a vertiginous view of the Tessino Canyon, Mount Luco, and the Rocca Albornoz (papal fortress).
Between mountains, accompanied by the beautiful countryside, you will cycle to Terni and further to Narni. Do you want to treat yourself? Terni is known for its excellent pastries and for having the most creative cuisine of the region! Narni and its medieval streets will take you back to ancient times.
In the middle of the green heart of Umbria, you will pass huge mountains until you reach Calvi, the last major town of this region. You can still enjoy the quiet and solitude of the Sabine mountains before you take the train to immerse yourself in the vibrant city of Rome.
Departure or extension
The stages from Florence to Assisi are mostly flat; then hilly. Nearly just on small roads, country lanes and little used side streets. Only some very short sections are on normally used streets. There are fascinating stages along the bank of the Trasimeno Lake, along rivers and through the untainted nature of Umbrian.
- Overnight stays in the selected category
- Breakfast buffet or ample breakfast
- Personal tour information
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- Train journey from Florence to Arezzo (with the bike)
- Train journey from Poggio Mirteto to Rome (without bike, bike delivery in Poggio Mirteto)
- Excellently planned routes
- Detailed travel information (route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers)
- GPS tracks available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- city tax
- optional sightseeing’s
- city maps
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements
Parking/arrival and departure
- Multi-storey car park close to the hotel, costs approx. € 20 - € 36 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary, car park close to the hotel, costs approx. € 70 per week, free unguarded car park at the periphery
- Good train connections from Rome to Florence
- Florence train station
- Florence and Pisa airport
- Any visitor’s taxes are not included in the tour price!
Category: 3***- and 4****-hotels, in Narni simple but central hotel at 3***-level