Arrival to Florence
Tour briefing and distribution of the rentalbikes. Visit of the beautiful centre of Florence recommended.
In the morning, you will take the train to Arezzo. There, you can visit the beautiful churches and palaces of the city of antiquities and gold. With your bike you will cycle on beautiful trails through the vast plains of the Val di Chiana, constantly accompanied by hill and mountain silhouettes of the southern Tuscany. You will pass Cortona and you will finally get to Lake Trasimeno, the battlefield of Hannibal against the Romans. Moreover, you will have a gorgeous view of Lake Trasimeno. Tonight, you will spend the night in Passignano.
The stages from Florence to Assisi are mostly flat; then hilly. Nearly just on small roads, country lanes and little used side streets. Only some very short sections are on normally used streets. There are fascinating stages along the bank of the Trasimeno Lake, along rivers and through the untainted nature of Umbrian.
- Overnight stays in the selected category
- Breakfast buffet or ample breakfast
- Personal tour information
- Luggage transfer between hotels
- Train journey from Florence to Arezzo (with the bike)
- Train journey from Poggio Mirteto to Rome (without bike, bike delivery in Poggio Mirteto)
- Excellently planned routes
- Detailed travel information (route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers)
- GPS tracks available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- city tax
- optional sightseeing’s
- city maps
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements
Parking/arrival and departure
- Multi-storey car park close to the hotel, costs approx. € 20 - € 36 per day, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible/necessary, car park close to the hotel, costs approx. € 70 per week, free unguarded car park at the periphery
- Good train connections from Rome to Florence
- Florence train station
- Florence and Pisa airport
- Any visitor’s taxes are not included in the tour price!
Category: 3***- and 4****-hotels, in Narni simple but central hotel at 3***-level