Welcome briefing and dinner in the starting hotel in Warsaw.
After breakfast your city tour through Warsaw starts at 08.30 a.m. You visit the old city, Lazienki Park and the centre. At approx. 12.00 a.m. bustransfer to masuria (approx. 200 km). In the afternoon a short distance cycling tour to Krutyn.
Your first cycling day introduces a part of the vast forest of the Johannisburg heather (Piska native forest) to Wojnowo, with the opportunity of visiting the Philippon monastery. Your overnight stay is again in Krutyn.
Today we start with a kayak tour on the most beautiful river of Masuria, the river Krutynia. In the afternoon we cycle on the northern Mragowo, our destination of today. You go by ferry across the sea Beldany and furhter on by bike to Nikolaiken (ferry not included in the travel price).
Today you visit the Lake Luknajno with its famous nature reserve for wild swans.
Along the lake Rhine you will reach Nakomiady. After this nn the way to Ketrzyn you have the opportunity to visit the Masurian Museum in Owczarnia. Afterwards free time for a city stroll.
Rastenburg (Ketrzyn) – Sztynort (Steinort) – Gizycko (Lötzen) – Mragowo (Sensburg) approx. 35 km
In the beginning the tour leads you to Gierlotz where an old Nazi Headquarter called "Wolfsschanze" can be visited. After this you cycle to Sztynort (Steinort). Here you can see the old ruin of the castle of the earls Lehndorff. In the afternoon by ship from Steinort to Lötzen and then per bike back to Rastenburg.
Take a walk around in Ketrzyn and afterwards you cycle to the castle of Reszel and the gothic Church called "Holy Linden".
Warsaw and departure
In the morning transfer to Warsaw by bus. Arrival is at about 11:30 a.m.
Cycle route partly hilly landscape. Mostly on country and forest lanes, sometimes even on cobbled surface. No knowledge required for participating in the canoe tour.
- 8 overnights in double rooms with shower / WC
- 7x alf board (breakfast and dinner, no dinner on day 1)
- Lunch package on day 2
- City tour in Warsaw
- Bus transfer Warsaw – Mazuria – Warsaw
- Tour documentation with maps and detailed route description
- 7-day-service hotline
- Rental Bike (7- or 21-speed-bike)
- German speaking guide
- all the entrance fees and city guides
- campfire with accordeon music
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- optional sightseeing’s
- city maps
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements
- Guarded parking near the hotel at the main station. Price approx. € 15,- per day. Reservation not possible, payable on site.
- Transfer from airport/railway station to hotel bookable, price on request.
- Airport: Warsaw
Simple, but very well-kept family pensions and 3-star hotels (Polish classification). All rooms have shower/WC or bath/WC.