Arrival in Stockholm
In the evening welcome briefing and bike fitting at our rental shop. Take your first stroll through Sweden’s capital and explore some of many sights and tourist attractions.
Your first cycling day takes you along the third biggest lake in Sweden called ‚Mälaren’ and follows an ancient trade route dating back to the Vikings. On your way to Södertälje, on the island of Lovön, you will find Drottningholm Palace, which is part of the UNESCO World Heritage. Situated directly at and overlooking the lake, this beautiful palace is the place where the Swedish Royal Family was raised. Also worth a visit is a Chinese Palace from the 15th century. The cafe in the basement awaits with Swedish waffles and is a perfect place for a rest. Onwards by ferry towards Södertälje where typical Swedish scenery with fields and forests will amaze you. Sturehof Palace is a great place for a lunch break. The small town of Södertälje south of Stockholm is situated at the canal between Mälaren and the Baltic Sea.
On quiet side roads today’s route leads to ‚Gripsholm Palace’. Also the title of a book by Kurt Tucholsky, who lived in exil in Sweden and has found his final resting place in Mariefred. Mariefred and Gripsholm Palace are two main focal points in Royal Swedish history. Onwards to your final destination for the day, Strängnäs.
Departure or extension
Explore central Stockholm by bike! Today’s tour covers several of the 14 city islands including roundtrips on Djurgården island and part of the National City Park. The ‚Vasa’ museum and the outdoor museum ‚Skansen’, both situated on the island, are worth a visit! The palace and the old part of town dating back to the mid 14th century are also part of the sightseeing agenda.
- 3 nights in hotels as described
- Breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Personal tour information
- Boat trip Mariefred - Stockholm
- Optimally prepared route guidance 1x per room (with route or overview maps, route description, places of interest, important telephone numbers) (DE,EN)
- Detailed travel documents
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- rental bike insurance
- service hotline
- Arrival and departure
- parking fees
- spa and local taxes as far as due
- optional surveys
- travel insurance
- Expenditure on personal needs
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Stockholm central train station
- Stockholm Arlanda or Skavsta airport
- parking close to the hotel, approx. €70 - €140/week
Selected 3 and 4 star hotels. All rooms have shower/WC or bath/WC.