Arrival in Bad Wimpfen
Embarkation as from 4 p.m., the crew will welcome you on board. You will spend the evening and first night in Bad Wimpfen.
By bike to Neckarzimmern, from here you can go on foot or by bike to the castle Burg Hornberg, where Götz von Berlichingen once lived. Continue your bike tour to the old picturesque town of Eberbach.
The first destination: Hirschhorn, the “Pearl of the Neckar valley”. You cycle through the Odenwald to Neckarsteinach, then via Ziegelhausen to Heidelberg. A walk through the old town and a visit to the castle are highly recommended.
You start your cycle tour in Heidelberg, cross the Neckar and have a perfect view to Heidelberg and its castle. Further on by bike to Mannheim and leave the valleys of the Neckar behind. The ship is waiting for you in Mannheim and takes you during lunch to Nierstein, a popular destination for exploring the vineyards with a tractor wagon. (approx. 25 km)
From the biggest vine growing community on the river Rhine you cycle to Mainz. Romance, Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque - today you will explore the city of Mainz.
Picturesque houses and the beautiful landscape along the way from Mainz to Rüdesheim make your bike tour an experience. The heart of Rüdesheim's old town is a meeting place for locals and visitors from all over the world. Overnight stay in Rüdesheim or in Bingen.
Cycle on the left river bank to Boppard and enjoy the panoramic view of the unforgettable Upper Middle Rhine Valley, a UNESCO Word Heritage site. On your way, you will pass castles and burgs alongside the celebrated Rock of Lorely. In the afternoon, MS PATRIA takes you to Koblenz where the rivers Rhine and Moselle meet.
Departure from Koblenz
After breakfast disembarkation until 09:00 am. Individual journey home.
Mainly on tranquil roads free of traffic, solitary country lanes and asphalted cycle paths along the dyke without any climbs worth mentioning. Well suited tour for the lesser fit cyclist.
| Season 1 |
12.06.2021 - 19.06.2021
24.07.2021 - 31.07.2021
18.09.2021 - 25.09.2021
|Boat and bike Rhine and Neckar - Bad Wimpfen-Koblenz - MS Patria - main deck, DE-RHSBK-08I-H|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge 2-bed-cabin single use||350.00|
|Boat and bike Rhine and Neckar - Bad Wimpfen-Koblenz - MS Patria - upper deck, DE-RHSBK-08I-O|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge 2-bed-cabin single use||400.00|
- 7 nights in outside cabin on MS PATRIA with private facilities and air condition
- Programme according itinerary
- Port fees included
- Captains greeting and Welcome drinks
- Daily cabin cleaning, Changing of towels and bed cloths if wanted
- Full board: 7x breakfast, 6x light lunch on board (non cyclists) or packed lunch for cyclists, 6x afternoon coffee break, 7x dinner
- Daily information meeting
- Information pack with route book (one per cabin)
- Tour guide on board (does not cycle with group)
Services not included
- Arrival and departure
- transfers to/from the docking place in Bad Wimpfen/Koblenz
- bike rental
- ferry fares
- travel insurances
- parking fee
- drinks on board
Travelling by train takes about 3.5 hours, approx. € 45,- per person (your tour guide will assist you with buying the tickets) or transfer by mini bus (minimum 4 persons), approx. € 85,- per person (own bikes will be carried for an extra charge of € 15,- per bike). Limited space, reservation for the transfer bus required in advance, to be paid on spot.
• Embarkation: from 4:00 p.m. • Disembarkation: until 9:00 a.m. • Bike Hire on Board: smooth-running 7 speed - unisex- city bikes with hand- and back pedal brakes or with free-wheel hub (please indicate upon booking) and pannier bags. Electric bikes (limited availability – timely booking required) Please inform us about your body height upon booking. • To bring your own bike: on request only – due to lack of space on sundeck. Storage of bikes inside the ship is not possible. • Cycle Tours: unguided. You will cycle between 17 and 46 km per day. The kilometres indicated for the suggested cycle tours are approximate. • Cycle routes/ level of difficulty: The quality of the cycle ways along the route is excellent. Most of the stretches are paved or asphalted, and lead alongside the Rhine dikes without any gradients of note. This makes the trip suitable even for unpractised cyclist. • Optional Excursions: tour legs and the ship‘s time in port permitting, an optional excursion programme will be organised. Excursions can only be booked and paid (in cash) aboard the ship. • Luggage on board: We recommend waterproof rain gear, bike helmet, sun hat and sports shoes. We would like to ask you to do without hard-side luggage, as storage space in the cabin is very limited! • Alterations of schedule or programme: Subject to change. If a route cannot be shipped as a result of low or high water or bad weather, the captain reserves the right to change the route in view of your safety (this will not be accepted as a reason for free withdrawal). • Travel documents: EU-citizens (without special situations like dual citizenship, main residence abroad or a limited-validity passport) are required to have a valid passport or ID-card, not expiring within six (6) months of the return of your cruise. We kindly ask non-EU citizens, EU-nationals with multiple citizenship or anybody who has to respect special legal entry requirements for the country to visit, to inform about visa and entry documents at the competent embassy. • This trip is not suitable for guests with reduced mobility.
This tour has 1 more variation
Enjoy the comfort on the swimming hotel - the MS Patria. You cycle along the great rivers Moselle and Saar.