We welcome you aboard your new home-from-home from 4.30 p.m. onwards, and then regroup for the introductory briefing – at 6.30 – with your tour leader, skipper and crew, along with a first refreshing aperitivo.
A short circuit from the lakes of Mantua which continues in the “Parco del Fiume Mincio”.The second part of the stage will follow the canals in which the river Mincio branches out.
This route is not difficult. Attention should be paid to traffic when you are crossing the bridge over the river Po after the village of Ficarolo. Transfer: about 70 minutes by private bus from Ferrara to Adria.
The itinerary starts with a double crossing on the river Po di Levante and with 2 km of unpaved road in good conditions. Be careful of the traffic when crossing the bridges on the river Adige and Brenta, where you will have to walk pushing your bike, sheltered by a guard-rail.
When you arrive in Chioggia, we recommend you to buy a 48 hour-ticket. When you take the first ferry on the following day, you have to validate it and then it will be valid for the next 48 hours.
After a short cruise we saddle our bikes and, following the Po through farmland and hamlets, we reach Ferrara. Under its ruling family, the Este, this city state attracted architects, artists and scholars for centuries, pioneering town planning principles that have been emulated worldwide ever since. To this day, Ferrara University ranks among the best, and the town is dubbed the ''Cycling Capital of Italy". A private bus and trailer take us back to our floating hotel in Zelo, a sleepy village on the Canal Bianco, the waterway which runs parallel to the Po.
Wonderful last stage along the thin strip of land that separates the Venice lagoon from the Adriatic Sea. A short path but full of opportunities for pleasant stops.
Round trip Venice
After breakfast – and perhaps following a wander off the beaten track with your tour leader – we all meet up with our Venetian guide for a tour through the historic centre. Christened La Serenissima ("The Most Serene"), the Venetian Republic held sway over much of the Mediterranean (and beyond) for centuries – both as a military power and a beacon of culture. The guided tour will start from Piazza San Marco with a brief description of the monuments around it; then the walk continues towards the biggest “sestiere” of the city, Castello, up to Campo dei Santi Giovanni e Paolo with its imposing gothic church and the Scuola Grande di San Marco (today city hospital). The guided tour ends at the Rialto Bridge; you have the afternoon free to enjoy the city at your own pace. (The programme may be subject to changes).
Departure after breakfast. Embarkatio till 09 a.m.
| Season 1 |
26.03.2022 | 22.10.2022 |
| Season 2 |
09.04.2022 | 23.04.2022 | 02.07.2022 | 16.07.2022 | 30.07.2022 | 13.08.2022 |
| Season 3 |
07.05.2022 | 21.05.2022 | 04.06.2022 | 18.06.2022 |
| Season 4 |
27.08.2022 | 10.09.2022 | 24.09.2022 | 08.10.2022 |
|Boat & Bike Mantua - Venice, MS Ave Maria 8 days, IT-ABSMA-08G|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge 2-bed-cabin single use||300.00||300.00||300.00||300.00|
|surcharge superior cabin||140.00||140.00||140.00||140.00|
- 7 overnights
- Full board (breakfast, dinner and a self-made packed lunch)
- Coffee and tea and other hot drinks on board
- Sheets and towels
- Complimentary courtesy kit
- Daily short cleaning and mid-week cabin cleaning service and towel change
- Bike helmet
- Travel Guide, Maps, Roadbook
- English speaking tour leader within an international group
- Second tour leader with a minimum of 25 people (only aboard Ave Maria)
- Guided visit in Venice and Mantua
- Visit of a cheese factory with tasting of typical Grana Padano
- Visit of Carousel and Street Entertainment Museum
- Visit of a historic glass factory on Murano island
- Harbour charges
- Bus transfer Ferrara-Zelo / Ferrara-Adria
- Beverages on board
- Museums, fees and extras in general
- Ticket for public transportation in Venice and lagoon (we suggest the ACTV 48hticket, 30 €)
- Everything not mentioned in the section “Included”
- By plane to Venice and by water taxi to the ship
- By train via Mailand to Mantua
MS Ave Maria
Comfortable cosy middle class ship (may. 31 guests) with two sun decks and air conditioned living room.