It is recommended to arrive early. This metropolis on the Danube has plenty to offer and it is worth to stay there for a longer time. Enjoy a cup of coffee and the typical Vienna cake „Sachertorte“ in one of the numerous coffee houses or treat yourself to a roundtrip with the horse-drawn cab „Fiaker“.
The first distance of your bike trip guides you through the national park Donau-Auen. There you will get to know the diversity of the flora and fauna as well as the manifold types of landscape. You pass the castle Orth and the village Eckertsau and reach Bad Deutsch Altenburg.
From Bad Deutsch Altenburg/Hainburg you can make an excursion on the Roman bike trail (Römerweg) to Carnuntum. The archaeological park is regarded as one of the most significant archaeological sites in Austria. After Hainburg you reach the border to Slovakia and it´s capital city Bratislava that is your next overnight stay. The shorter distance today allows plenty of time to visit the old part of this charming city.
You cycle a short distance in Slovak territory before you pass the Hungarian border in Rajká. Within the first few kilometers of your cycle trip in Hungary you will discover charming villages. The complete section is influenced by agriculture. Your route guides you through the so-called Szigetköz (a small Rye Island). This is characterized by numberless side arms of the Danube. After arrival in Mosonmagyaróvár, which is also called „City of 17 bridges“, your today´s cycle tour ends. Via train to Györ.
Soon you reach the Hungarian Böny. From there a route version guides you to Bábolna, a well cultivated town with a beautiful inner city. The local National Stud is known far beyond its borders. Racehorses are bred in the splendid inner courtyard. The last part of the route takes you back to the Danube. Then you reach the divided town Komárom/Komárno. At night you can relax in the spa.
Today´s route runs near riverbanks in the flat Danube valley. In the course of this you pass different villages and while cycling you can view the vineyards in the background. The sporty bikers can choose a route over Tata but there are some increases. This requires a basic level of fitness. Those interested in history should plan time for the Roman castle Kelemantia which is on the way. Via ship to Estergrom and tour to Visegrád.
Today you cycle to the hungary town Budapest. You have enough time to enjoy the city.
In the Hungarian capital city there are many things to discover. If you are interested in we would be pleased to book some extra nights for you. Our transfer from Budapest to Vienna is very comfortable (this can be arranged at additional charge).
- 7 overnight stays in hotels as described in the booked category
- Breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- For half board 5x multi-course dinner (Vienna + Budapest only B&B)
- Personal tour information on site
- 1x coffee/tea and cake in a traditional coffee house in Bratislava
- Rail journey Mosonmagyaróvár-Györ (incl. bike)
- boat trip Estergom-Visegrád (incl. bike, in April, September, October and every Monday by train)
- Optimally worked out route
- Detailed travel documents
- GPS data for your navigation device on request
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- rental bike insurance
- 7-day service hotline
- Arrival and departure
- parking fees
- spa and local taxes as far as due
- optional surveys
- travel insurance
- Expenditure on personal needs
Arrival/ Departure information
- Public parking slots around the starting hotel, free of charge, reservation not possible. Covered parking garage daily from 3,- € to 12,- €.
- Bus ride Budapest - Vienna, departure on Sundays at 9 am(during season 3 Sundays and Saturdays), travel time approx. 3,5 hours, 50,- € p.p., price including bicycle transport. Reservation beforehand needed.
- Speedboat: every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday from 19.05.-29.09.16. Departure from Budapest 9 am, travel time approx. 3,5 hours, 105,- € p.p., reservation needed beforehand. Return transfer of your own bicycle, € 25,00 per bike, to be paid on site.
Cat. A: Selected hotels of the 4-star category. All rooms have shower/WC or bath/WC.
Cat. B: Carefully selected guesthouses, inns and 3-star hotels. All rooms have shower/WC or bath/WC.