Arrival in Innsbruck
Welcome briefing and bike fitting. For the rest of the day, we recommend visiting Innsbruck’s famous old town with its City Tower and its “Golden Roof”.
After breakfast, we will take you up to the Brenner Pass (by train or minibus). From the small border town Brenner you will cycle on a newly extended bike path, mostly along the river Eisack, first to the little village Gossensass and immediately afterwards to Sterzing, the once mighty city of the Fugger. You will continue your tour to Thumberg, to the beautiful Reifenstein Castle, and via Stilfes and Mittenwald to Franzensfeste with its famous fortress. The bike path continues to the beautiful and quiet Lake Varna, to Varna itself and finally to Brixen, today's destination.
You will ride your bike through the Dürer town Klausen along the river Eisack to Waidbruck (view of Castle Trostburg). Here, the valley starts geting narrower and leads into the Bolzano basin. The city where two cultures meet is awaiting its visitors with many attractions (Archaeological Museum with Ötzi, the Iceman – free admission with BrixenCard on day of arrival).
Today you will pedal through numerous orchards and vineyards in the area of the South Tyrolean wine route, past many castles and ruins to the wine village Eppan and further to Lake Caldaro. You will stay overnight in the cosy wine town Auer.
Today's route will mainly take you along the beautiful bike path along the Adige river and partially through beautiful orchards to Salurn where the German speaking South Tyrol ends. The dam pathways lead to Trento with its lovely old town.
On this stage you will notice the Adige valley getting narrower and narrower. At the same time the mountain ranges, on which for many centuries impressive castles guarded over one of the most important trade routes, are getting closer and closer. We recommend a visit to Rovereto and the city of Mozart, Ala. Then you will continue your tour on the bike path to Rivalta.
On the seventh day, you will cycle on the well-built bike trail along the river Adige to Verona. There are just a few stops along the way.
Departure or extension
You will cycle on beautiful bike paths along the Eisack and Adige river valleys. From Verona you will mainyl cycle on quiet side roads. You will be taken up to the Brenner Pass from where you shall descend 1,300 meters in altitude. There are only a few short climbs on Lake Caldaro and before Verona. If you prolong the tour to Venice, the only exhausting part is the Monte Berici before Vicenza (about 400 meters in altitude). This is a bike tour for everyone!
| Season 1 |
29.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
30.09.2023 - 07.10.2023
| Season 2 |
13.05.2023 - 26.05.2023
09.09.2023 - 29.09.2023
| Season 3 |
27.05.2023 - 08.09.2023
|Innsbruck - Verona, 8 days, AT-ETRIV-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||339.00||339.00||339.00|
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Bus transfer from Innsbruck - Brenner incl. your bike
- Brixen card (free use of South Tyrolean public transportation, a roundtrip ride with the cable car Plose, free admission to Acquarena water park, free admission to nearly all South Tyrolean museums)
- Navigation app and GPS-data available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- city tax
- optional sightseeing’s
- city maps
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Garage approx. € 17,- per day, no reservation possible, payable on spot.
- Return transfer by minibus from Verona to Innsbruck every Saturday, cost per person € 95,-, bring your own bike additional € 29,-, reservation required, payable in advance.
- Collective transfer (with central boarding and disembarking point) from Mestre to Innsbruck, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, cost per person € 20,- per person (min. 6 persons) incl.own bikes, reservation required, payable in advance.
- Train station: Innsbruck.
- Airports: Innsbruck and Munich.
- Alternative route also possible via Lake Garda or Resia
- Where visitor's tax is due, it is not included in the tour price!
Category: 3*** and 4**** hotels, Rivalta charming 2** hotel