Arrival in Innsbruck
Welcome briefing and bike fitting. For the rest of the day, we recommend that you visit Innsbruck’s famous old town with its city tower and its “Golden Roof”.
After breakfast, we will take you up to the Brenner Pass (by train or minibus). From the small border town Brenner, you will cycle on a newly extended bike path, mostly along the river Eisack. It takes you to the little village Gossensass at first and immediately afterwards to Sterzing, the once mighty city of the Fugger. You will continue your tour to Thumberg, to the beautiful Reifenstein Castle, and via Stilfes and Mittenwald to Franzensfeste where there is a famous fortress. The bike path continues to the beautiful and quiet Lake Varna, to Varna itself and finally to Brixen, today's destination.
You will ride your bike through the Dürer town Klausen along the river Eisack to Waidbruck (view of Castle Trostburg). Here, the valley gets narrower and leads into the Bolzano basin. The city where two cultures meet is awaiting its visitors with many attractions (Archaeological Museum with Ötzi, the Iceman – free admission with BrixenCard on day of arrival).
You will mainly cycle along the river Adige and partly through orchards to Salurn where the German speaking South Tyrol ends. From here, you will continue to Trento with its interesting old town.
On this stage the Adige valley just keeps on getting narrower and narrower. The mountain ranges on which for many centuries impressive castles guarded over one of the most important trade routes are coming closer and closer too. We recommend a visit to Rovereto and the city of Mozart, Ala. Then you will continue your tour on the bike path to Rivalta.
On the sixth day, you will cycle on the well-developed bike trail along the river Adige to Verona, with only a few stops.
Today’s route is initially flat until you cycle through the Monti Berici hills to the excursion area of Vicenza, which provides you with a beautiful view over the city. To make this longer stage a bit shorter, you can also travel the first part by train to San BonifacioIn, the old town of Vicenz. You can feel Palladio's spirit here, the famous architect from the Middle Ages.
As you leave Vicenza you will see numerous Venetian villas such as the Villa Rotonda. The route along the river Bacchiglione leads to Abano Terme, one of the most famous Italian spa towns. From Abano Terme, you can easily travel by bus to Padua, the city of St Anthony and the scholars. There you will have enough time to enjoy the thermal baths. If you are culturally-minded, you can enjoy Padua overnight for an additional charge.
With a light wind behind you most of the time, it’s an easy ride towards the sea. The landscape is full of meadows and fields. This stage will take you to the mainland before Venice with its excellent bus service into the city of lagoons.
Departure or extension
You will cycle on beautiful bike paths along the Eisack and Adige river valleys. From Verona you will mainly cycle on quiet side roads. You will be taken up to the Brenner Pass from where you shall descend 1,300 meters in altitude. There are only a few short climbs on Lake Caldaro and before Verona. If you prolong the tour to Venice, the only exhausting part is the Monte Berici before Vicenza (about 400 meters in altitude). This is a bike tour for everyone!
| Season 1 |
29.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
30.09.2023 - 07.10.2023
| Season 2 |
13.05.2023 - 26.05.2023
09.09.2023 - 29.09.2023
| Season 3 |
27.05.2023 - 08.09.2023
|Innsbruck - Venice, 10 days, AT-ETRIV-10X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||419.00||419.00||419.00|
| Season 1 |
Apr 29, 2023 - May 12, 2023
Sep 30, 2023 - Oct 7, 2023
| Season 2 |
May 13, 2023 - May 26, 2023
Sep 9, 2023 - Sep 29, 2023
| Season 3 |
May 27, 2023 - Sep 8, 2023
|Double room p.P.||79.00||79.00||79.00|
|Surcharge single room||35.00||35.00||35.00|
|Double room p.P.||75.00||75.00||75.00|
|Surcharge single room||55.00||55.00||55.00|
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English, French with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Bus transfer from Innsbruck - Brenner incl. your bike
- Brixen card (free use of South Tyrolean public transportation, a roundtrip ride with the cable car Plose, free admission to Acquarena water park, free admission to nearly all South Tyrolean museums)
- GPS-data is available
- Service hotline
- Bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- city tax
- optional sightseeing’s
- city maps
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Garage approx. € 17,- per day, no reservation possible, payable on spot.
- Return transfer by minibus from Verona to Innsbruck every Saturday, cost per person € 95,-, bring your own bike additional € 29,-, reservation required, payable in advance.
- Collective transfer (with central boarding and disembarking point) from Mestre to Innsbruck, every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, cost per person € 20,- per person (min. 6 persons) incl.own bikes, reservation required, payable in advance.
- Train station: Innsbruck.
- Airports: Innsbruck and Munich.
- Alternative route also possible via Lake Garda or Resia
- Where visitor's tax is due, it is not included in the tour price!
Category: 3*** and 4**** hotels, charming 2** hotel in Rivalta