Arrival in Freiburg, check in at the hotels and opportunity for free sightseeing.
The imposing 13th century Breisach Cathedral towers over the bank of the Rhine. You will cross the Rhine there to Neuf-Brisach in Alsace, a 17th century, octagonal fortified town. The day ends wonderfully in beautiful Colmar, one of the most delightful cities on the Alsace Wine Route.
The villages of Riquewihr, Ribeauvillé, Barr and Obernai are among the most beautiful and most famous villages of the Wine Route. A slightly hilly stage through the vines.
In Rosheim, Alsatian Romanesque architectecture reaches a high point. In Molsheim, you leave the vines behind and follow the beautiful cycle path alongside the Canal de la Bruche to Strasbourg.
An easy and flat stage. You leave Strasbourg on the cycle path by the deep forests along the Rhine bank.
A somewhat long but very flat stage. Without difficulty, you ride through the villages to the art city of Freiburg.
Departure or prolongation of your stay in Freiburg.
easy - medium: You will ride mainly on cycle paths, on minor agricultural tarred roads or on little secondary roads without much traffic. Days 3, 5 and 6 are a little bit hilly.
- Accommodation in 3* and 4* hotels
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Well-prepared route guidance
- For bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (FR, DE, EN with route or overview maps, route description, important telephone numbers)
- Own signposting
- GPS data available
- Service hotline
- Dinner (except for half board)
- Drinks, lunch
- Bike insurance for own bikes
- General insurance (personal insurance, travel cancellation insurance including repatriation in case of accident, illness or death)
- Round trip
- Park fees
- Single room supplement (if not booked)
- Local tax
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Train arrival is possible at the station of Freiburg.
- Other airports nearby : Basel/Mulhouse about 120 km
- then taxi or shuttle to Freiburg.
- Indoor watched parkings nearby hotels, about 10€ a day.
3* and 4* hotels