Arrival in Strasbourg
Arrival in Strasbourg, settling at the hotel and free time to explore the town.
You will leave Strasbourg along the Rhône-Rhine canal which will lead you along its very pretty cycle track into the heart of the Ried.
You will travel through the landscapes and villages of the Alsatian Ried which is rich in aquatic flora and fauna. Arrival in Colmar the capital of the wine of Alsace and the town of art, by the cycle track of the channel of Colmar.
From Colmar head east to Neuf Brisach, then continue towards the south to reach the gentle village of Ottmarsheim with its 12th century nice church. Next you enter the Hardt’s forest then you go along the Huningue’s canal to reach Mulhouse. After enjoying the historic town center of Mulhouse, you have numerous museums to visit.
You will leave the banks of the Rhine and the villages of the Sundgau and ride to Ungersheim, until the Ecomusee d’Alsace. You arrive in Guebwiller, nestling at the foothills of the Vosges.
At the foot of the Vosges nestle the winemaking villages responsible for the reputation of the Alsatian Grand Crus: Eguisheim, Turckheim, Kaysersberg and Riquewihr.
Along the Wine Route you will discover the villages of Ribeauvillé, Bergheim, Andlau and its abbey, Barr and Obernai.
Country roads and cycle tracks will take you from Rosheim and to Avolsheim. From there, along the cycle track on the banks of the Bruche canal, you will reach the capital of Europe: Strasbourg. End or prolongation of your stay.
- Accommodation in the selected category
- Personal tour information (FR, DE, EN) except Sundays and public holidays
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- Well-prepared route guidance
- For bike rental, including rental bike insurance
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (FR, DE, EN with route or overview maps, route description, important telephone numbers)
- Own signposting
- GPS data available
- Service hotline
- Dinner (except for half board)
- Drinks, lunch
- Bike insurance for own bikes
- General insurance (personal insurance,travel cancellation insurance including repatriation in case of accident, illness or death)
- Round trip
- Park fees
- Single room supplement (if not booked)
- Local tax
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Train arrival is possible at the station of Strasbourg.
- Arrival at Strasbourg airport, shuttle to the station, taxi to the hotels.
- Other airports nearby: Basel/Mulhouse about 120 km, Karlsruhe/Baden-Baden about 60 km.
- Indoor watched parkings nearby hotels, Parking Wodli
Category A: Overnight stays in 3* Hotel
Category B: Overnight stays in 2* and 3* Hotel