Arrival in Basel
Take some time to explore the colourful variety in the lively city Basel!
On the Rhine it is ideal to cycle. Your daily objective is the Markgräfler country.
After the visit of the villa Urbana and the Maltese’s Castle in Heitersheim you will cycle to Bad Krozingen and his Mineral Thermal springs, before you arrived to Freiburg in the Black Forest.
The 13th century Breisach Cathedral towers imposingly over the bank of the Rhine. You cross the Rhine to Neuf-Brisach in Alsace, a 17th century, octagonal fortified town. The day ends wonderfully in the beautiful town of Colmar, one of the most delightful cities on the French wine route.
The villages Eguisheim, Turckheim, Kaysersberg und Riquewihr belong tot he most impressing and famous cities on the French wine route. On easily hilly roads you cycle through the romantic vineyards.
Along the wine road you will discover the villages of Barr, Andlau and its abbey, Bergheim, Ribeauvillé, Hunawihr. Make a break and taste the local wine!
From there, along the cycle track on the banks of the Bruche canal, you will reach the capital of Europe: Strasbourg.
You will ride mainly on cycle paths, on minor agricultural tarred roads or on little secondary roads without much traffic. Three stages are a little bit hilly.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or an extensive breakfast
- If half board is booked: every day a 3 course meal
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel information
- Own signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- By train: Train station Basel
- By plane: Airport Basel/Mulhouse, bus or taxi to the hotel
- Protected and roofed parking lots at your hotel for approx. CHF 130 per week