Basel - Strasbourg
Rhine Cycle Path II
- 8 Days / 7 Nights
- Self-guided tour
Arrival in Basel
Take some time to explore the colourful variety in the lively city Basel!
On the Rhine it is ideal to cycle. Your daily objective is the Markgräfler country.
After the visit of the villa Urbana and the Maltese’s Castle in Heitersheim you will cycle to Bad Krozingen and his Mineral Thermal springs, before you arrive in Freiburg in the Black Forest.
The 13th century Breisach Cathedral towers imposingly over the bank of the Rhine. You cross the Rhine to Neuf-Brisach in Alsace, a 17th century, octagonal fortified town. The day ends wonderfully in the beautiful town of Colmar, one of the most delightful cities on the French wine route.
The villages Eguisheim, Turckheim, Kaysersberg und Riquewihr belong tot he most impressing and famous cities on the French wine route. On easily hilly roads you cycle through the romantic vineyards.
Along the wine road you will discover the villages of Barr, Andlau and its abbey, Bergheim, Ribeauvillé, Hunawihr. Make a break and taste the local wine!
From there, along the cycle track on the banks of the Bruche canal, you will reach the capital of Europe: Strasbourg.
Departure or extension
You will ride mainly on cycle paths, on minor agricultural tarred roads or on little secondary roads without much traffic. Three stages are a little bit hilly.
| Season 1 |
01.04.2023 - 14.04.2023
| Season 2 |
15.04.2023 - 02.06.2023
30.09.2023 - 07.10.2023
| Season 3 |
03.06.2023 - 29.09.2023
|Basel - Straßburg, 8 days, cat.X, FR-ELRBS-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||399.00||399.00||399.00|
- 7 Overnights in hotels of the booked category incl. breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- At best elaborated route with maps (GE,EN,FR)
- Detailed travel documents with maps 1x per room (GE,EN,FR)
- GPS-Tracks on request available
- For rental bikes, rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
- Arrival and departure
- Costs for parking
- City tax
- Optional sightseeings
- City maps
- Repairs of own bike
- Travel Insurances
- Costs of the private requirements
Arrival / Departure:
- Great train connections to Basel.
- Good Connections to Basel/Mulhouse airport.
- Paid hotel parking subject to availability, no reservation possible, payable on site.
- Free parking in the streets near the hotel.