Stroll through the lanes of the old city, walk on the tracks of Cézannes and enjoy your time in one of the numerous Cafés.
Today you start your tour to Silvacane. We recommend visiting abbey Silvacane, a Cistercian ab-bey of this region. Afterwards you will get to know a few of the most beautiful villages on your ride to Pertuis.
Your tour becomes more ambitious. You cycle through the nature park of Luberon where you will manage an altitude of 700 m. Afterwards you cycle downhill through the nature park to Céreste and along the range of Grand Luberon to Apt.
Again you cross the nature park, where you will pass villages like Bonnieux, Lacoste and Méner-bes. At the end Isle-sur-la-Sorgue with its romantic water wheels is awaiting you (approx 55 km). Or you want to do a more.
Via Cavaillon you cycle to St. Rémy, the most typical city of Provence. Enjoy the goings in the lanes, the colourfulness and the fragrant herbs.
From St. Rémy you cycle across the Alpilles to Salon-de-Provence. If you want to cycle more you should choose the longer stage via Les Baux and Mausanne. Nostradamus lived here in the 16th century.
What about a stroll through Salon-de-Provence? You should visit the fortress “Chateau de l´Emperi” or the collegiate church. Your cycle tour leads you via Pélissane, Lambesc and Eguilles back to Aix-en-Provence.
Your tour is completed after breakfast.
Medium - The routes are leading you through hilly terrain. You should be already experienced in cycling. Most of the time you are cycling on small roads and asphalted side roads, in parts you cycle on the bike paths “Luberon á Velo”.
- Overnights in hotels as mentioned
- Breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Personal welcome briefing on spot
- Well elaborated route
- Detailed travel documents (maps, route description, places of interest, telephone numbers)
- Luggage transfer
- 7-days-service hotline
- GPS tracks are available
- Rental bike insurance
Arrival / parking / departure
- Good train connections to Aix-en-Provence (TGV-station). By shuttle-bus you reach the centre. The hotels are located about 3 km away.
- There also good connections to the airport of Marseille.
- Parking spaces at the hotels, free of charge. No reservation possible and necessary.