Arrival to Dresden
Individual Arrival to Dresden. Welcome briefing and distribution of rental bikes. Afterwards use the opportunity to stroll through the beautiful old town Dresden. Explore the world famous beauties and the magic of the city with the unique sights like "Zwinger Palace", "Frauenkirche" (Church of Ladys), Dresden Castle and the famous opera house (Semperoper).
The bikeway leads along the river Elbe to the baroque Castle Pillnitz and upwards of the Elbe to Elbe Sandstone Mountains. The Sandsteintafel Mountain with the fortress Königstein is on the right side of the Elbe. The return from Bad Schandau to Dresden happens by bike or suburban trail (optional). (approx. 45 km, Return to Dresden by a suburban train)
Dresden - Meissen
Along the romantic valley of the Elbe you cycle through Saxon Vineyards past Radebeul to Meissen. The city is well known for the Meissen porcelain. The picturesque alleys of the historical city center give an occasion to take a stroll and to go on shopping. Come and see the "Albrechtsburg" or the world famous Meissen manufacture. (approx. 25 km)
Meissen - Riesa
Taste the wine or visit the baroque castle Diesbar-Seußlitz on you way along the saxon wine route. Overnight in Riesa! (approx. 35 km)
Riesa - Torgau
On the way to Mühlberg visit the Cistercian monastery and you should not miss the "Treblitzscher Baumpark" (Treblitz park of tree´s) with trees and bushes from five continents. Overnight in Torgau! (approx. 45 km)
The castles "Lichtenberg" and "Pretzsch" show the way to Wittenberg. When you arrived in Wittenberg you have the opportunity to follow the traces of Martin Luther. The hall of Luther is the most interesting building of Wittenberg and has the biggest world historic collection on Reformation. (approx. 65 km)
Departure or extra nights
Easy. The Elbe bike route provides the opportunity to cycle along the loveliest and important fleets of Germany without traffic. Another route section leads along country roads with light traffic through varied landscapes.
- 6 Overnights in hotels of the booked category in rooms with shower / toilet
- Breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Half-board if booked: at least three-course-dinner or buffet (sometimes outside with voucher and not in the hotel)
- Personal welcome tour briefing (German, English)
- Detailed travel documents, route cards, route description, sight-seeing, telephone numbers (German, English, French)
- At best elaborated route
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- GPS-Tracks on request available
- Rental bike insurance
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- city tax
- optional sightseeings
- city maps
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements
Parking/arrival and depature
- Hotel underground car park in Dresden (Cat A and B), payable on-site, no reservation possible.
- Cat. A: price per day € 14,- if you stay longer then 7 days. Otherwise you have to pay € 16,- per day.
- Cat. B: price per day € 6,- as well as parking places free of charge near the starting hotel.
- Return journey by train to Dresden (about 3 – 4 hours, approx. € 45,- per person).
- Return journey to Dresden by minivan, limited space available, a reservation is necessary. Price is € 55,- from Wittenberg, payable on spot.
Category A: Comfortable hotels and guest houses, basically in the 3*** and 4*** category, centrally located in most cases.
Category B: Good middle hotels and guest houses, basically 3*** category, partly situated at the outskirts of town.