With your arrival you will receive in the late afternoon at the hotel in Dresden important travel information as well as your bike (if booked). Then you will have time to explore the city. Frauenkirche, Semper Opera House and Zwinger they made famous. But its modernity is worth seeing. Famous architects such as Norman Foster and Daniel Libeskind have realized projects.
An important example of human architecture is the baroque castle Pillnitz from the 18th Century with its impressive gardens. The design is influenced by the former enthusiasm for Chinese culture. Later in the tour will be the Elbsandsteingebirge today, a unique ensemble of rock mesas, plains and canyons. From Basteifelsen out, you have a wonderful view. Back to Dresden it comes from Bad Schandau (optional) bike or commuter train. (Approx. 45 km in return by the S-Bahn)
From Dresden to Meissen
A first objective of the day is the Karl-May-town Radebeul. The famous son of the city that is attractive to the vineyards of Lößnitz, a museum dedicated. Continue your trip to go to the famous Meissen porcelain factory. The Albrechtsburg the city in late Gothic architecture is the first palace in Germany. Also worth seeing is Meissen Old houses with Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque. (Approx. 25 km)
Today you cross several wine villages on the Saxon Wine Route and have plenty of opportunity cost, Saxon cuisine and wines. Worth seeing on your tour is the baroque castle Diesbar-Seusslitz with baroque castle church and castle garden in the English and French gardening style. Overnight in the City of Sports. We recommend a visit to the Pasta Museum. (Approx. 35 km)
From Riesa and Torgau
Your journey takes you to Torgau. Here is Hartenfels Castle, considered the most important still existing early-Renaissance castle in Germany. About 163 steps lead to the Hausmann Tower, which offers a magnificent view of the city. Over 500 individual monuments in Torgau preserve old and are the glory of the former Saxon residence. (Approx. 45 km)
Past the castles and Lichtenburg Pretzsch go to Wittenberg. Traces of the Reformation can be found here about the Luther House with the greatest reformation history collection in the world. How Wittenberg Castle Church, the parish church and the Melanchthon House Renaissance heard the Luther House to the UNESCO World Heritage Site in Wittenberg. (Approx. 65 km)
Wittenberg to Dessau
Wörlitz and Bauhaus are the highlights of this day trip that takes you to Dessau. The Garden Kingdom extends over many square kilometers and consists of several large, networked landscape gardens and castles like some embedded Wörlitz. Dessau is the \ "Bauhaus City \". Testimony of the work of Walter Gropius include the masters' houses. (Approx. 30 km)
Dessau to Magdeburg
Drive through today Salzlandkreis and can visit Germany's oldest saltwater spa in Bad Salzelmen before reaching Magdeburg. The most famous religious building in the city is her perfect Dom. This is the oldest Gothic cathedral in Germany. Modern buildings, the Green Citadel of Magdeburg Friedensreich Hundertwasser and the Millennium Tower Elbauenpark. (Approx. 85 km)
After Breakfast individual departure or extra nights.
Easy. The Elbe bike route provides the opportunity to cycle along the loveliest and important fleets of Germany without traffic. Another route section leads along country roads with light traffic through varied landscapes.
- 8 Overnights in hotels of the booked category in rooms with shower / toilet
- Breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Half-board if booked: at least three-course-dinner or buffet (sometimes outside with voucher and not in the hotel)
- Personal welcome tour briefing (German, English)
- Detailed travel documents, route cards, route description, sight-seeing, telephone numbers (German, English, French)
- At best elaborated route
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- GPS-Tracks on request available
- Rental bike insurance
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- city tax
- optional sightseeings
- city maps
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements
Parking/arrival and depature
- Hotel underground car park in Dresden (Cat A and B), payable on spot, no reservation possible.
- Cat. A: price per day € 14,- if you stay longer then 7 days. Otherwise you have to pay € 16,- per day.
- Cat. B: price per day € 6,- as well as parking places free of charge near the starting hotel.
- Return journey by train to Dresden (about 3 – 4 hours, approx. € 45,- per person).
- Return journey to Dresden by minivan, limited space available, a reservation is necessary. Price is € 65,- from Magdeburg, payable on spot.
Category A: Comfortable hotels and guest houses, basically in the 3*** and 4*** category, centrally located in most cases.
Category B: Good middle hotels and guest houses, basically 3*** category, partly situated at the outskirts of town.