Welcome briefing and distribution of rental bikes. We recommend strolling through the beautiful city!
Magdeburg – Tangermünde
You cycle through small and picturesque villages before you reach Tangermünde. (approx. 70 km)
Tangermünde – Havelberg
The nature park “Alte Elbe” offers habitat for numerous and seldom species of birds and allows a relaxed start in your bike day. The route leads you along palace Storkau to Havelberg, the island and dome city. This small and unimpressive city is located on the meeting of river Havel and river Elbe. Worth visiting is the dome in renaissance and baroque style. (approx. 50 km)
This tour leads you via Wittenberg to Schnackenburg (well-known museum). Your overnight stay is in the Gatow am See area. (approx. 39-63 km)
You still follow the river Elbe until you reach Hitzacker with picturesque old city and typical half-timbered houses. (approx. 60-80 km)
Hitzacker - Lauenburg
A little bit hilly is the stage to Lauenburg. Characteristic for the city is the bordered Old Town skyline by the River Elbe. (approx. 55 km)
Lauenburg – Hamburg
You cycle along river Elbe and via Geesthacht to harbour city Hamburg. Numerous memorials, art, culture and a special atmosphere invites you! For detailed information please see www.hamburg-tourismus.de. (approx. 55 km)
This is an easy bike tour which leads you through flat and slightly hilly terrain. The bike path along river Elbe allows a carfree tour course. Other parts are leading you along small country roads and roads with less traffic through the diversified river landscape.
- 7 Overnights in hotels as mentioned above
- Breakfast buffet style or substantial breakfast
- Half board = multi-course dinner or buffet
- Personal Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Detailed travel documents, route cards incl. maps (German, English)
- At best elaborated route
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- GPS-tracks on request
- Insurance rental bikes
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- city tax
- optional sightseeings
- city maps
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements
Parking/arrival and departure
- There are underground car parks in Magdeburg available for about € 10 per day, payable on spot, a reservation is not possible.
- Return journey by train to Magdeburg for about € 60,- per person, duration about 3 hours.
- Return journey to Magdeburg by minivan, minimum number of participants: 4 persons, limited space available, a reservation is necessary. Price is € 70,- , payable on spot.
Category A: Comfortable hotels and guest houses, basically in the 3*** and 4*** category, centrally located in most cases.
Category B: Good middle hotels and guest houses, basically 3*** category, partly situated at the outskirts of town.