Arrival in Dresden
The information meeting and the handover of the bicycle (if booked) take place in the afternoon. Explore the world famous beauties and the magic of Dresden with the unique sights like “Zwinger Palace”, “Dresdner Frauenkirche” (Church of Lady) and the wonderful opera house (Semperoper).
The bicycle path leads directly along the Elbe to Bad Schandau, to the Albrecht Castles and the Elbe pastures; on the Elbe Ferry to Castle Pillnitz. Further on the path go to the Sandsteintafel Mountain with the fortress Königstein on the right side of the Elbe. Return to Dresden by bike or by a suburban train. (approx. 80 km)
The route today goes along the Saxon vineyards through Radebeul to Meissen (picturesque alleys). Worth while: Albrechtsburg and the world famous Meissen chine manufacture! The picturesque city Meissen is worth seeing! Enjoy a bit more through Germany’s most northern vineyards. The baroque castle Diesbar-Seußlitz with its wonderful park is a good place for rest. The overnight is in town Riesa. (approx. 65 km)
In the Elbe town, Mühlberg you can see its former Cistercian monastery. Worth seeing as well is the Electoral Saxony’s milepost. You should not miss the Treblitz Tree Park with trees and bushes from five continents. Destination of the day is Bad Schmiedeberg. (approx. 80 km)
The castle “Lichtenberg” and “Pretzsch” blaze the trail to Wittenberg. When you arrived in Wittenberg follow the traces of Martin Luther. The Luther Hall, Wittenberg’s most interesting building, has the biggest in the world historic collection on the Reformation. Continue downstream through the charming Wörlitzer Park Grounds to Dessau, a Mecca for architecture lovers. (approx. 80 km)
Easy. The Elbe bike route provides the opportunity to cycle along the loveliest and important fleets of Germany without traffic. Another route section leads along country roads with light traffic through varied landscapes.
- 5 overnights in hotels of the booked category
- Breakfast buffet or extended breakfast
- Half-board if booked: at least three-course-dinner or buffet (sometimes outside with voucher and not in the hotel)
- Personal welcome tour briefing (German, English)
- Detailed travel documents, route cards, route description, sight-seeing, telephone numbers (German, English, French)
- At best elaborated route
- Luggage transfer from hotel to hotel
- GPS-Tracks on request available
- Rental bike insurance
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- city tax
- optional sightseeings
- city maps
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements
Parking/arrival and depature
- Hotel underground car park in Dresden (Cat A and B), payable on spot, no reservation possible.
- Cat. A: price per day € 14,- if you stay longer then 5 days. Otherwise you have to pay € 16,- per day.
- Cat. B: price per day € 6,- as well as parking places free of charge near the starting hotel.
- Return journey by train to Dresden (about 3 – 4 hours, approx. € 45,- per person).
- Return journey to Dresden by minivan, limited space available, a reservation is necessary. Price is € 60,- from Dessau, payable on spot.
Category A: Comfortable hotels and guest houses, basically in the 3*** and 4*** category, centrally located in most cases.
Category B: Good middle hotels and guest houses, basically 3*** category, partly situated at the outskirts of town.