Enjoy a stroll through the very well maintained old town of Constance with council house, the Munster, and the maze of little alleyways of Niederburg. Not to forget the Mediterranean harbour with famous “Imperia”. Overnight stay is in Constance.
Past Wollmatinger Ried you cycle to island Reichenau, UNESCO heritage of nature and culture since 2001. Take a boat to to Gaienhofen and cycle to Gailingen.
Today you will cycle through a lovely river landscape to Schaffhausen (castle Munot). Afterwards you will visit the rhine fall (most powerful waterfall in middle Europe). Overnight stay again in Gailingen.
You will pass a lot of picturesque fishing villages on your bike tour to Untersee. Overnight stay is in Constanze / surroundings.
Visit the “flower island” Mainau! Afterwards you have a short bike tour via Allensbach to Radolfzell.
A lot of places of interest on your 6th day: monasteries, baroque churches and old castles. Overnight stay is in Uhldingen / Meersburg.
Today you visit baroque pilgrims church Birnau, pole-settlements in Uhldingen and then Meersburg, Hagnau and Immenstaad until you reach Friedrichshafen. Visit the Zeppelin museum and the harbour. Overnight stay is in/near Immenstaad or Friedrichshafen.
Enjoy the large fruit orchards before you reach Bavarian metropolis Lindau. Special about Lindau is the protected old town on an island. After a few kilometres you reach Austria and cycle on the lake bank into festival city Bregenz with the unique lake-stage.
In the morning you should visit the Pfänder, after that cycle along the Alpine Rhine to Altstätten. Take the train to Gais in the Appenzell region and through picture-perfect landscapes to St. Gallen.
Today you discover St. Gallen. Alternatively you can go on a hiking tour in the Appenzell region.
Downhill to Arbon where you hit the lake again. The route takes you along the banks of the lake through small villages back to Constance.
- 11 overnights incl. breakfast
- Half board, if booked: at least three-course dinner
- Ferry Reichenau – Gaienhofen incl. bicycle
- Entrance Rosgartenmuseum Constance
- Boat tour to the Rhine rock
- Entrée Island Mainau
- Entrée Lake Dwelling Museum
- Entrée Zeppelin-Museum
- Journey with the Pfänderbahn excl. bicycles (bike transport from 8 till 10 a.m. for free)
- Detailed travel documents and maps
- Luggage transfer
- rental-bike insurance
- Service hotline during the tour
- In Constance parking slots at the office of our partner, € 40,- per trip, reservation not possible, payable on spot.
How to get there
- Constance is very well connected by train.
- Airport: Zürich or Friedrichshafen