Welcome briefing and bike fitting. The capital city of Bavaria is awaiting you and invites you to visit its many attractions (English Garden, Town Hall, Hofbräuhaus,…)
From Munich through Forstenrieder Park to Lake Starnberg. From Starnberg on the bike path directly on the lakeshore to Ambach or further to Bernried. The lake attracts with crystal clear water and wonderful views of the surrounding maountains.
First, you will cycle through the natural reserve called Murnauer Moos (largest swamp area of Central Europe). Later, you will continue your tour through unspoiled nature following the River Loisach to Garmisch-Partenkirchen. The stage is intentionally brief. Therefore, there is still enough time for an individual trip with the Zugspitzbahn, a mountain railway. At an altitude of 2962 meters, you will have a wonderful view of the Alps.
You will take the train to Scharnitz to bridge an altitude of 300 meters. From there, you will cycle uphill through wildly romantic gorges and lush meadows to the spring of the River Isar. Afterwards, you will cycle back through a sunny valley where you will have a marvellous panoramic view of the mountains of Karwendel and Wettersteingebirge, passing Mittenwald and finally arriving in Wallgau – a place where the Bavarian tradition is still a part of everyday life.
Passing the Isarwinkel, you will follow the crystal-clear, turquoise waters of the impressive Lake Sylvenstein. Cycling through charming landscapes, you will pass Lenggries and finally arrive in Bad Tölz. The location at the crossroads of two trade routes - the River Isar and the old salt route from Reichenhall to Allgäu - quickly became a thriving trading centre. The ornate mansions testify the golden age.
The Isar bike way leads you from Bad Tölz over Geretsried and Wolfratshausen directly to Grünwald. After a few short climbs you will arrive back in Bavaria’s state capital Munich, where you can explore its countless sights and attractions.
Individual departure or additional overnights
All in all an easy tour - a few short ascents which can also be conquered by pushing the bike. You cycle on wonderful cycle paths and small side roads, main roads only for short distances. Mostly asphalted, some longer passages also on good nature paths.
| Season 1 |
08.04.2023 - 14.04.2023
| Season 2 |
15.04.2023 - 12.05.2023
| Season 3 |
13.05.2023 - 09.09.2023
|Munich lake tour, charm, 7 days, DE-MURMM-07D|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge single room||449.00||449.00||449.00|
| Season 1 |
Apr 8, 2023 - Apr 14, 2023
| Season 2 |
Apr 15, 2023 - May 12, 2023
| Season 3 |
May 13, 2023 - Sep 9, 2023
|Double room p.P.||129.00||129.00||129.00|
|Surcharge single room||109.00||109.00||109.00|
- Accommodation in traditional Bavarian hotels with good 3***-level, Munich 4****-level
- Breakfast buffet
- Half-board if booked: at least three-course-dinner or buffet (sometimes outside with voucher and not in the hotel)
- Personal welcome briefing
- Best elaborated route
- Detailed travel documents (route and overview maps, route description, places of interest, important telephone numbers)
- GPS-tracks available
- Luggage transport from hotel to hotel
- rental bike insurance
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- city tax
- optional sightseeings
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements
- Good train connections to and from Munich Hbf.
- Munich Central Station is only a few underground stops from the hotel.
- Also good public transport connections from Munich airport.
- Depending on the starting hotel, there is paid parking (15,- €/day, no reservation possible in advance, payable on site) and/or free, unguarded parking near the hotel.
Category: 3*** hotels, Munich 4**** hotel