Arrival in Eisenach
You should come early to have enough time for sightseeing in the historic city of Eisenach. Famous persons like Johann Sebastian Bach or Martin Luther King have lived here.
You follow the river Hörsel, afterwards you continue through the Thuringian basin. You reach Gotha in the early afternoon, so there is enough time for sightseeing.
In the morning you cycle to Wechmar which won an award for being the most beautiful village in Thuringia in 2003. This village is also well-known for its Bach museum. Afterwards you can admire castle Wachsenburg, castle Mühlburg and castle Gleichen on your way to Gera and Erfurt.
After today’s short stage you arrive in Weimar. Visit the palace, the museum, the theatre or the park. We are sure that you will not be bored today.
Today you will enjoy the beautiful landscape! In the morning you start your tour along the idyllic Ilm bike path until you reach the University City Jena. Afterwards you continue along Saale bike path to Stadtroda.
Today you cycle through the “green heart of Germany” – lots of kilometres on beautiful paths! In the afternoon you continue along a disused railway, Weiße-Elster bike path and Bad Köstritz (brewery) to Gera.
You start with a tour from Gera to Ronneburg. You last stage leads you then on side roads to the city of Schmölln and along the rivers Sprotte and Pleiße to Altenburg with its palace. Stroll through the former residence city and enjoy the flair!
Departure or extension
The route is very well signposted and leads you along asphalted roads, bike paths, forest paths and trails. Every bike day has long flat routes as well as some hilly sections, only a few parts where you have to push the bike.
| Season 1 |
04.04.2022 - 31.10.2022
|Pearls of Thüringen, 8 days, DE-THRTS-08X|
|Base price|| |
|Surcharge sgl room||185.00|
| Season 1 |
Apr 4, 2022 - Oct 31, 2022
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||57.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||79.00|
|Extra night p.p. dbl/bb||65.00|
|Extra night sgl/bb||89.00|
- Accommodation in your selected category
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English with route maps, route description, local attractions, important telephone numbers)
- Service hotline
- Return transfer by minibus every Sunday morning from Altenburg, costs EUR 60 per person incl. your bike, minimum number of participants is 2, reservation is necessary
Arrival / Parking / Departure:
- Eisenach train station
- Erfurt airport
- Car park at the hotel, to be paid at the time, no reservation possible/necessary
- Good train connections from Altenburg to Eisenach
Things to note:
- Tourist tax, if due, is not included in the price!
Good guest houses and hotels