Information on the tour and bike fitting. We recommend taking a stroll through the old town.
The day starts with a transfer by minibus to Trento (old town with cathedral, castle Buonconsiglio). Then, you will follow the river Adige via Rovereto to Mori. From here, you will cycle westwards in the direction of Lake Garda. After a short climb, you will cycle downhill towards the lake in Torbole and further to Riva. From here, a boat will then take you down the entire length of the lake and back to Sirmione.
A minibus or train will take you to Verona. The city of Romeo and Juliet with its Renaissance palaces, the Roman arena, and the many cosy places invites you to stay for a stroll. Over gently rolling hills, past cypress trees and vineyards, the tour will take you back to the southern shore of the lake – for Goethe the lake was “a delicious spectacle”, for the Roman poet Catull “a shining star”.
Beautiful trails will lead you along the river Mincio southwards to Mantua. The thousand-year-old town of the royal Gonzaga family impresses its visitors with its art and beauty. The Castello S. Giorgio and the Palazzo Ducale, the Piazza Sordello with the house of Rigoletto, the cathedral, the Piazza Broletto with the old city hall, the Piazza Erbe with the courthouse palace, the clock tower, the rotunda of San Lorenzo, and the Basilica of St. Andrew are worth seeing. The train will take you back to your hotel.
Today, you will follow lonely roads, through vineyards, peach orchards, and kiwi plantations to Solferino – The place, where Garibaldi united Italy in the famous “Battle of Solferino”. On your way back to Lake Garda, you will cycle through the area where the delicious wines of Lugana are grown.
Today, you will ride your bicycle along the lake shore towards Cavalgese di Riviera and get some unforgettable views of Lake Garda. Then, you will follow the Naviglio Grande Bresciano (canal with bike path) to Brescia – a city of Roman origin with many more places of interest. The train will take you back to Sirmione.
The terrain is flat to undulating. You cycle on cycle paths, minor roads and sometimes on country lanes. Please consider stronger traffic when entering and exiting cities.
- Overnight stays in the selected hotel
- Breakfast buffet
- Personal tour information
- Excellently planned routes
- Detailed travel information (route maps or overview maps, route description, tourist attractions, important telephone numbers)
- EUROBIKE signposting
- Transfer per bus Lake Garda - Trento incl. bike
- Train transfer Brescia – Lake Garda incl. bike
- Train transfer Mantua – Lake Garda incl. bike
- Bus or train transfer Lake Garda – Verona incl. bike
- Boat excursion on Lake Garda incl. bike
- GPS tracks available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- By train via Verona to Desenzano, then by taxi or bus to Sirmione
- By car: Exit Sirmione or Desenzano on A4/E70 motorway
- Free parking spaces on hotel grounds, no reservations taken
- Any visitor’s taxes are not included in the tour price! The taxes for Hotel Lido International are already included!