Arrival in Meran
Travel documentsand rental bikes (if booked) are to be found at the hotel.
You drive with the (train) Vinschgaubahn in the direction of Reschenpass. You cycle from Mals to Glurns (with complete extant medieval city wall). Afterwards you cycle via the ruins of Montain through the region Schlanders down to Merano. You have a nice view to the castels. and the impressive mountain mass. You can short the distance stage.
You follow via Lana and many fruit orchards and vineyards the south tyrol wine route. This one leads past castles and ruis to Eppan.
There are two ways to get to lake Caldaro: either the slightly hilly way on the bike path via Eppan or on the flat cycle path along the Adige dam until the charming wine village Auer.
From Auer you continue on the cycle path along the Adige dam. The ‘Salurner Klause’ is the end of the German speaking part of South Tyrol. The route leads you through the famous Trentino wine regions into the ancient diocesan town Trento (lovely old part of town, cathedral, Buonconsiglio palace).
Shortly after the old Tyrolian border town of Rovereto, our cycling tour leaves the Adige valley. In Mori you will taste the world famous pistachio ice-cream in the Gelateria Bologna. After the only ascent worth mentioning (approx. 150 m)over the small San Giovanni pass, the path leads downhill along the lake towards Torbole. The cycle tour either ends in Riva or Torbole.
- Accommodation as already mentioned
- Breakfast buffet
- Luggage transfer between the hotels
- Own developed route
- Detailed travel documents (route maps, route descriptions, local attractions, important phone numbers)
- Train journey with the ‘Vinschgaubahn’ to Mals incl. your bike
- 1 x Pistachio ice-cream on the way to Lake Garda
- Own signposting
- GPS-data is available
- Rental bike insurance
- Service hotline
- Arrival and departure
- costs for parking
- city tax
- optional sightseeing’s
- city maps
- Travel Insurance
- costs of the private requirements
Arrival / Parking / Departure
- Merano train station
- Verona airport
- Public car park close to the hotel costs approx. € 30 per week, to be paid for at the time, no reservation possible
- Return transfer by minibus to Merano every Saturday, Sunday and Monday morning and Tuesday afternoon, cost per person € 58 incl. your bike, reservation is necessary.
- Public bus to Rovereto and train journey to Merano